Time Limit for Repayment of Educational Loans
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO 428
ANSWERED ON 06.12.2013
TIME LIMIT FOR REPAYMENT OF EDUCATIONAL LOANS
428 . Shri R. THAMARAISELVAN
Will the Minister of FINANCE be pleased to state:-
(a) the existing time limit fixed by the Government/Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for repayment of educational loans taken by students to pursue higher studies abroad;
(b) whether the Government proposes to expand the said time limit; and
(c) if so, the details thereof and the reasons therefor?
(MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE) (SHRI NAMO NARAIN MEENA)
(a) : As per revised Model Education Loan Scheme of Indian Banks’ Association (IBA), the students are allowed repayment period of 10 years for education loans upto Rs 7.50 lakh and 15 years for loans above Rs 7.50 lakh.
Students are allowed repayment holiday/moratorium during course period plus 1 year or 6 months after getting the job which ever is earlier.
(b) & (c) : No such proposal is under consideration of the Government at present.
Source: Lok Sabha
Related to Your Search:
- State-wise educational loan outstanding of Public Sector Banks
- EWS – Bank loans to Economically Weaker Section under various Schemes
- Income Limit for SC/ST for Availing Facilities
- No GST on Annual subscription/fees charged as lodging/boarding charges by educational institutions from its students for hostel accommodation
- Additional Deduction of Interest upto Rs.1 Lakh on Home Loan for First Home Buyer
- Salaried women to get higher income tax exemption in the Budget 2014
- Terms & Conditions of Loan Schemes by Oriental Bank of Commerce to BSNL workers
- Budget may bring good news for salaried people
- Assistance for Higher Education