Threshold Limit for Coverage under ESIC
The Government, in principle, decided to enhance the threshold limit of wage for coverage under the Employees State Insurance (ESI) Act, 1948 from existing Rs.15,000/- pm to Rs. 21,000/- pm. For this purpose, a Notification had been issued on 06.10.2016 inviting suggestion/objections from all stakeholders.
As on 31.03.3016, the number of Insured Persons(IPs) under ESI Scheme were 2.14 crores. The additional number of IPs on account of wage revision are estimated to be 35 Lakhs.
The ESI Corporation has taken a number of decisions to absorb the increased number of workers under its net like-
Increasing hospital bed strength of ESI Hospitals by 50%, if the bed occupancy of the concerned hospital has been consistently more than 70% in last three financial years.
Up-gradation of its dispensaries into 6 & 30 bedded hospitals in a phased manner.
Partnering with private medical practitioners & private clinics for providing healthcare facilities in those areas where ESI does not have them.
This information was given by Shri Bandaru Dattatreya, the Minister of State (IC) for Labour and Employment, in reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Expansion of ESI Hospital Services
- Renovated and upgraded 100 bedded ESI Hospital at Tirupati inaugurated today
- Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC): Renovation of various hospitals run by State Government under Employees’ State Insurance Scheme (ESIS)
- List of Private Hospitals Removed from Empanelled under CGHS
- Enhancement of salary limit of Employees Provident Fund
- Treatment from CGHS Empanelled Hospitals
- Empanelled Private Hospitals under CGHS in Delhi
- Extension of CGHS facility to State Govt Employees..?
- Simplification of procedure for treatment at private hospitals empanelled under CGHS/CS (MA) Rules,1944