The Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Rules, 2019: Gazette Notification
MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT
New Delhi, the 29th January, 2019
G.S.R. 58(E). – Whereas a draft of certain rules further to amend the Payment of Bonus Rules, 1975, among other rules, were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, sub-section (i) vide notification of the Government of India in the Ministry of Labour and Employment number G.S.R. 413(E), dated the 23rd April, 2018, inviting objections and suggestions from all persons likely to be affected thereby, within a period of three months, from the date on which copies of Official Gazette containing the said notification were made available to the public;
And whereas copies of the said Official Gazette were made available to the general public on the 23rd April, 2018;
And whereas the objections and suggestions received on the said draft rules from the public have been considered by the Central Government;
Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 38 of the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965 (31 of 1965), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Payment of Bonus Rules, 1975, namely:-
- (1) These rules may be called the Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Rules, 2019.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- In the Payment of Bonus Rules, 1975, for rule 5, the following rule shall be substituted, namely:-
‘5. Annual return.- Every employer shall, on or before the 1st day of February in each year, upload unified annual return in Form D on the web portal of the Central Government in the Ministry of Labour and Employment giving information as to the particulars specified in respect of the preceding year:
Provided that during inspection, the inspector may require the production of accounts, books, registers and other documents maintained in electronic form or otherwise.
Explanation.- For the purposes of this rule, the expression “electronic form” shall have the same meaning as assigned to it in clause (r) of section 2 of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (21 of 2000).’.
MANISH KUMAR GUPTA, Jt. Secy.
Note: The Payment of Bonus Rules, 1975 was published in the Gazette of India dated the 6th September, 1975 vide notification number G.S.R. 2367, dated the 21st August, 1975 and lastly amended vide notification number
G.S.R.1115(E) dated the 6th December, 2016.
Related to Your Search:
- The Minimum Wages Central Amendment Rules, 2019
- The Maternity Benefit (Mines and Circus) Amendment Rules, 2019
- Official Gazette Notification – Ex-servicemen Amendment Rules 2020
- Payment of Bonus Act Amendment Gazette Notification
- Last date for submission of annual returns on or before 15.10.2015 – Dopt Notification on 3.7.2015
- Central Government Gazette Notification: Amount of monthly wages EMPLOYEES COMPENSATION ACT
- Employees Pension Amendment Scheme, 2020 – Gazette notification
- Changes in the Payment of Bonus Act will benefit thousands of Central Government employees
- Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Return of Assets and Liabilities and the Limits for Exemption of Assets in Filing Returns) Third Amendment Rules, 2015.