The feedback of meeting with Secretary, Pension AR & PG on Pensionary Matters published by Confederation
MEETING OF THE REPRESENTATIVES OF STAFF SIDE NATIONAL COUNCIL WITH SECRETARY, PENSION AR & PG ON PENSIONARY MATTERS.
CONFEDERATION OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT
EMPLOYEES AND WORKERS.
First Floor, North Avenue Post Office Building
New Delhi. 110 001
Website: www.confederationhq. Blogspot.com.
E mail: [email protected]
Dated: 30th May, 2013.
A meeting of the representatives of Staff Side National Council with Secretary, Pension AR & PG on pensionary matters was held on 28.5.2013. Staff Side was represented by S/ Shri S.G. Mishra and Rakhal Das Gupta (AIRF), Guman Singh (NFIR) and K.K.N.kutty and S.K.Vyas (Confederation)
The following issues have been discussed
1. Ex-gratia Payment to SRPF / CPF beneficiaries who had voluntarily retired or medically invalidated. It has been decided to implement the Kerala High Court judgment in general and extend the benefit of exgratia payment to the meagre number of pre 1986 optees who retired voluntarily or on medical invalidation after rendering 20 years of service. The enabling orders are to be issued shortly.
2. Raising quantum of ex-gratia to CPF retirees on lines of SRPF.
In respect of SRPF retirees of the Railways, the rate of ex-gratia was raised from Rs. 600/- pm to Rs. 750/- pm to Rs. 3000pm with effect from 1.11.2006. The Govt. have now decided to revise the rate of exgratia in respect of CPF retirees at the above rates I. e. Rs. 750/- to Rs. 3000/- pm w.e.f. 1.11.2006.
3. Issue of Revised PPOs in favour of Pre 2006 retirees and others.
In the case Civilian departments about 4 lakhs of cases reported pending on 1.8.2012, now only 1.30 lakhs are pending and these would also be cleared by 30.6.2013. In the case of Railways total pendency in August 2012 was 10.8 lakhs which has been brought down to 5.54 lakhs. Now when it has been decided that revised PPOs may be issued suo mottu by the Railway authorities, the entire pending is targeted to be cleared by 30th September 2013.In the case of Defence civilians, action is being taken to issue all pending PPOs by 30.9.2013.
4. Fixation of revised pension by multiplying pre-revised 1/3rd pension (in respect of PSU absorbees) by a factor of 2.26.In the case the speaking order issued by the Govt. on 26.11.2012 that no further increase in pension of absorbee pensioners would be allowed has been challenged in CAT Hyderabad and the Tribunal has passed orders on 24.4. 2013. This order is under examination.
5. Commutation of Pension.
The Govt. have not agreed to reduce the period of 15 years to 11 years for restoration even in the cases where commutation has been paid at the rates prescribed in the New Table. The Govt. wanted that the matter may be raised before 7th pay commission.
6. Family pension to divorced / widowed / unmarried daughters –nomination for life time arrears by the family pension in respect of his / her daughter. This has not been agreed to.
7. Non payment of arrears of pension on account of Revision of pension w.e.f. 1.1.2006 in case of pensioner of Chandrapur. Now these arrears have been disbursed by all Banks.
I. Equitable Gratuity under Rule 50 of Pension Rules, 1972.
As recommended by IV CPC the following rates of Death Gratuity had been provided for :-
|Sl. No.||Length of Service||Rate of Death Gratuity|
|1.||Less than one year||2 times emoluments|
|2.||One year or more but less Then 5 years||6 times of emoluments|
|3.||5 Years or more but less than 20 years||12 times emoluments|
|4.||20 years or more||half of emoluments for every completed
six monthly period of qualifying service
subject to maximum of 33 times of emoluments
Staff Side suggested the following amendment in Sl. No. 3 above which may be split as under :-
|a) Five years or more||12 times the emoluments but less than 11 years.|
|b) 11 years or more but less than 20 years||20 times of emoluments|
The Govt. has not agreed and have suggested that the matter may be raised before the next Pay Commission.
II.Extension of CS (MA) Rules, 1944 to Central Government Pensioners.
The Health Ministry has agreed to extend CS (MA) Rules, 1944 to Pensioners. In many cases which had gone to Court, it has been ruled that pensioners are entitled to full reimbursement of medical expenses incurred by them as per CS (MA) Rules 1944 which are applicable in the case of serving employees. The Department of Expenditure has not agreed to implement the above decision. The pensioners have to wait till the Medical Insurance Scheme is introduced.
III. Grant of modified parity with reference to the Revised Pay Scale corresponding to pre revised Pay Scale of the post from which an employee had retired. The Govt. cited the decision of Supreme Court in K.S. Krishna Swamy Vs UOI (C.A. no.3173-3174/2006 and 3188-3190/2006). According to this the benefit of up-gradation of post subsequent to their retirement would not be admissible to pre 1996 / pre 2006 retirees.
The Staff Side pointed out that the result of this clarification is that a retiree is now being compared with the pay scale of an employee two stages lower and subordinate to the post from which an employee has retired. If V IV CPCs have consciously upgraded certain posts it is established that pay scales granted for these posts were in adequate and only therefore the up-gradation has been recommended by them. On what ground the benefit of up-gradation even in determining the modified parity be denied to them when it is established that they retired from a pay scale which were inadequate.
However Govt. did not agree to reconsider this matter.
The meeting ended with a vote of thanks.
Related to Your Search:
- Gratuity Pay under New Pension System
- 7th Pay Commission’s Recommendations on Gratuity
- Pre-2006 central govt retirees to get pension hike
- Pre-2016 retirees to get enhanced pension, arrears by Aug-end
- OROP Pension Calculation – Rounding of Qualifying Service
- 7th Central Pay Commission – Fixation of Pension of Medical Officers retired during 1.1.2016 to 30.6.2017
- Relief to lakhs of pre-2006 retirees of the Armed Forces and Central Government
- Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission Revision of pension of pre-2016 retired medical officers
- Revision of disability pension and family pension under CCS(EOP)Rules to pre 1996 and pre-2006 disability pensioners and family pension under CCS (EOP) Rules