Technical Resignation : Highlights of consolidated instructions issued by DOPT.
DoPT has issued an OM regarding Technical Resignation
TECHNICAL RESIGNATION & LIEN : CONSOLIDATED GUIDELINES.
Highlights of DoPT OM No. 28020/1/2010-Estt(C) Dated 17.08.2016
Compiled by K.V.Ramesh, Sr.JGS IRTSA.
1. Technical Resignation:
a. Government servant should have applied through proper channel for a post in same or some other Department.
b. If the conditions are met, it will be taken as Technical resignation, even if it was not mentioned as Technical Resignation while applying and all admissible benefits should be extended.
c. If competent authority not allowed the forwarding of application, it will not be treated as Technical resignation.
d. Benefits are admissible even if the employee applied before joining the service and application was not routed through proper channel, provided employee should intimate such application immediately after joining the service.
2. Balance leave credited:
a. Balance of utilized Child Care Leave and other leaves will be carried forward.
b. In case of permanent absorption in PSU/Autonomous Body/State Govt. employee is eligible for cash equivalent of leave salary in respect of EL & HPL at his credit subject to the limit of 300 days.
3. LTC carry forwarded: Entitlement for LTC will be carry forward.
4. Pay Protection: Protection of Pay will be given.
5. If employee rejoins his previous post:
a. In case employee rejoins his earlier post, he will be entitled for increments for the period of his absence from that post.
b. Transfer of GPF will be governed.
c. Seniority in the post held by the employee on substantive basis continues to be protected.
However the period spent in other department will not be counted for minimum qualifying service for promotion.
6. Past service counted for Pension: Employee originally joined before 1.1.2004, joined the new post on technical resignation after 1.1.2004, his past services are counted towards pension.
7. Transfer of NPS account: In case of NPS, the balance standing in Personal Retirement Account along with PRNA will be carried forward to new office.
8. Service Book transfer: Service Book from the date first appointment must be kept in the custody of head office in which employee is serving and transferred with him from office to office.
9. Medical Examination & verification:
a. If standard of medical examination is same for the new post, then employee need not to undergo fresh medical examination.
b. No need for verification of character & Antecedents of the employee, if period of discharging from previous post and appointment to new post is less than a year.
10. Lien will be maintained for two years normally, 3 years in exceptional cases.
11. Joining Time, Joining time pay & allowances:
a. Central & State Govt employees are eligible for joining time, which will be included as qualifying service in new Job.
b. During Joining Time, Eligible for pay equal to pay drawn in old post before relinquishment, DA & HRA. No Transport allowance.
c. Entitled for Transfer Travelling Allowance.
Related to Your Search:
- Condonation of resignation for purpose of pay fixation: Clarification about “Technical Resignation” – OM dated 22nd Jan, 1993
- Technical Resignation – Consolidated Guidelines issued by DOPT
- Dopt Clarification Orders on Joining Time Rules
- Joining Time Rules – Central Government Employees who join an another Government organization – FAQ
- Dopt Orders – Consolidated Instructions Of Technical Resignation and Lien-reg
- Retention of/continuation in GPRA on Technical Resignation from Service
- Master Circular on Technical resignation and lien in Central Services
- Central Civil Service (CCS Joining Time) Amendment Rules, 1989
- Amendment of CCS Rules for Persons with Disabilities