Teaching of Foreign Languages in Kendriya Vidyalayas
Teaching of German language as an option to Sanskrit will be discontinued forthwith. – Teaching of Foreign Languages in Kendriya Vidyalayas
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
18, Institutional Area, Shaheed Jeet Singh marg
New Delhi 110 016
Fax: 26514179 TEL: 26858570
November 11, 2014
Subject: Teaching of Foreign Languages in Kendriya Vidyalayas.
The decisions taken with regard to the subject mentioned above in the 99th Meeting of the Board of Governors of KVS held on 27.10.2014 are conveyed as under –
(a) Teaching of German language as an option to Sanskrit will be discontinued forthwith.
(b) Students studying German as an option to Sanskrit in class VI to VIII shall be given an option to study Sanskrit or any other Modern Indian Language of his/her choice.
(c) In view of the mid-session policy change, appropriate and adequate counselling to such students and their parents would be organized by the concerned . Kendriya Vidyalayas. For this, proper counselling sessions with parents and students may be conducted.
(d) Teaching of Sanskrit to such students of class VI to VIII would be done by existing TGTs (Sanskrit) in KVS. For other Modern Indian Languages, contractual teachers can be appointed as per need.
(e) German can be taught to such students of class VI and VII as an additional subject or hobby class, if they so desire, but not as a third language.
(Dr. Shachi Kant)
Joint Commissioner (Trg.)
Related to Your Search:
- Kendriya Vidyalayas: Remuneration to German language enhanced (Foreign Language Contractual Teachers engaged in Kendriya Vidyalayas)
- Language labs in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- Amendment in Educational Code for Kendriya Vidyalaya
- Hindi may soon be made compulsory till class 10th in Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and Kendriya Vidyalyas
- Kendriya Vidyalayas – Details of KV’s – Minister answered in Parliament
- Admission of Poor Students in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- KVS Orders – Yoga teaching in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- VACANCIES IN KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS (KVs)
- Over 10k Teaching Posts Vacant in Kendriya Vidyalayas