Taxpayer may verify his return through Internet Banking or through Aadhar based authentication process
Commencement of Electronic Verification of Income Tax Returns for AY 2015-16
To facilitate the taxpayers and to provide end-to-end e-enabled services, the Income Tax Return for A.Y. 2015-16 can now be verified electronically.
A taxpayer may verify his return through Internet Banking or through Aadhar based authentication process. Persons using this facility will not be required to submit a signed paper copy of ITR-Verification form (ITR-V) to CPC Bengaluru.
For the convenience of small taxpayers having total income of Rs. 5 lakhs or below without any claim of refund, facility for generating Electronic Verification Code (EVC) has also been provided on the E-filing website of the Department. In such cases EVC will be sent to the Registered Email ID and Mobile Number of person to enable him to thereafter use this code to verify the return.
In case a taxpayer is unable to electronically verify the ITR using the EVC for any reason, then, the signed copy of ITR-V may be sent within the specified time of 120 days to CPC Bengaluru by Ordinary post or Speed post.
Details regarding e-verification are available in Notification 2/2015 in issued on 13th July 2015 at http://incometaxindia.gov.in/news/evc_notification-13-07-2015.pdf.
Taxpayers are requested to use Electronic Verification facility in view of the convenience and flexibility offered. Taxpayers are also requested to e-file their returns early to avoid the rush closer to the last date.
Related to Your Search:
- Revised Norms of IT Returns; Electronic Verification of Income Tax Returns For A.Y. 2015-16 Introduced
- CBDT issues Certificates of appreciation to nearly 3.74 lakh tax payers for their contribution towards Nation building
- Request to Taxpayers to Avail Facility for Online Rectification
- Income Tax Department Starts Two More Taxpayer Friendly Initiatives : ‘Register for Home Visit’ and ‘Online Tax Help’
- IT Department Urges Taxpayers to Pay all Self- Assessment Tax Dues by 31ST March
- Income Tax Department (ITD) launches Operation Clean Money
- IT Returns early to avoid the last minute rush of filing – Income Tax Department urges
- Finance Minister conveys Government’s Appreciation to tax payers for their contribution towards Nation building
- Exemption from filing of Income Tax Return: FAQ