‘Swamysnews’ – Unbreakable bond with Central Government employees continues
The name ‘Swamysnews’ makes people assume that it is a spiritual publication. But the truth is – the publication has nothing even remotely connected to divinity or religion. It however has got everything to do with information that are relevant to the Central Government employees. In fact, it could be called a treasure trove of details. There is no Central Government employee who doesn’t know about Swamysnews because the publication has answers to all the questions..!
Swamy Publishers Private Limited is a company mainly publishing books on Central Government Rules. For more than 55 years now, the publication, which was started in 1958, continues to provide crucial information in the form of books, to Central Government employees and their offices.
The founder of this organization, Mr.Muthuswamy, was an employee of the Postal Department, a Central Government organization. After getting promoted in his job, he started the service in order to create awareness in the midst of Central Government employees. He had the opportunity to conduct regular free classes for the benefit of his junior colleagues. He edited his lectures and circulated cyclostyled notes on a non-profit basis to examinees in other cities as well. The not-for-profit venture created new openings for him. The books that he published started gaining popularity. Employees found them very useful. He became well known in many Central Government Offices across the country as a reliable instructor and interpreter in the field of Guide Books for Service Rules.
Swamys books are broadly classified into Reference Books, Special Books, Guide Books and a monthly magazine ‘swamysnews’. These books were not only of high quality, but the information contained in them was verified and up-to-date. The books gained further credibility due to the explanations and interpretations of the Government Orders that they featured. Due to their long history in accurately presenting Central Government employees related news, the publication gained the Centre’s approval. Swamysnews Publishers are the only publication with Government approval.
Their monthly publication, ‘Swamysnews’ is their specialty. They usually contain all the latest Government Orders, Case-Law Section, Supreme Court Judgments, Tribunal Judgments and Question and Answer(Readers Forum) section. The Q&A section contains only selected questions. The crystal-clear manner in which they strongly present their answers and explain them shows their confidence and their mastery of the subject.
The crowning achievement of the publication is its annual ‘Swamy’s Handbook for Central Government Employees’. The book is an encyclopedia of information.
In the current age of the Internet, it is possible to find all information on the computer screen. But, it is hard to ignore or forget the contributions made by a publication that they supplied important rules and orders through books in time to all the Departments of Central Government and many Public Sector Undertakings, especially in the North-eastern states.
Even in this age, books continue to be respected. The proof lies in the undiminished sales of their publications.
The strong bond between the Central Government employees and Swamysnews shall only get stronger.
Related to Your Search:
- The Minimum Wages Central Amendment Rules, 2019
- The Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Rules, 2019: Gazette Notification
- All India Services (Medical Attendance) Amendment Rules, 2012 – Dopt Orders
- Central Government Account Receipts and Payments Rules 2022
- Dopt Orders : Central Information Commission (Assistant Library and Information Officer) Recruitment Rules, 2013
- Change of Nomenclature of posts- Assistant to Assistant Section Officer, Upper Division Clerk to Sr. Assistant and Lower Division Clerk to Jr. Assistant in CAT: DoPT Notification
- Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Return of Assets and Liabilities and the Limits for Exemption of Assets in Filing Returns) Rules, 2014
- Dopt Orders : Central Information Commission (Registrar) Recruitment Rules, 2013
- Children Education Allowance – Frequently asked questions – Railway Board Orders on 1.6.2015