Swachh Bharat Pakhwada (May 16-31, 2016) Action Plan for Pensioners’ Associations
No. 55/10/2016-P&PW (C)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. and Pensions
Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated the 9th May, 2015
The Secretary / President
All identified Pensioners’ Associations
(As per enclosed list)
Subject; Swachh Bharat Pakhwada (May 16-31, 2016) Action Plan for Pensioners’ Associations.
As you are aware Government of India has launched Swachh Bharat Mission to achieve total sanitation and cleanliness by 2nd October, 2019. It has, therefore, been desired that each Ministry, based on the Ministry’s areas of responsibility, draw out and implement at least a fortnight long action plan every year to bring into focus, its contribution towards Swachh Bharat Mission and also to carry out substantive work related to Swachhta.
2. As a step towards this direction, this Department has prepared an action plan, to involve Pensioners’ Associations identified under Pensioners’ Portal in this mission, with special reference to ‘Swachh Bharat Pakhwada’ being observed during May 16-31, 2016. Under the proposed action plan, Pensioners’ Associations are expected to:-
(i) Organize a mass pledge by members of Pensioners’ Associations (copy enclosed)
(ii) Sensitize their members on cleanliness in their neighborhood.
3. In view of above you are requested to observe the Swachh Bharat Pakhwada during May 16¬31, 2016 by organizing the above activities by involving members of your Pensioners’ Associations.
4. You are also requested to take photographs of activities undertaken by you during the Pakhwada and send the same along with a report on the activities undertaken by your Association, immediately after duration of the Pakhwada, for uploading the same on Pensioners’ Portal website.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- Swachh Bharat Mission-RWAs
- Railway takes steps under “swachh rail swachh bharat mission”
- Indian Railway: Swachh Bharat Mission- Annual Action Plan
- No Holiday on October 2 for Central Government Employees
- Ministry of Defence decided to start a nationwide cleanliness mission called “Clean Cantonments” from 25 Sept 2014
- Five Year Action Plan on “Swachh Bharat Mission”
- Swachh Bharat Mission-Departmental Canteen
- Extend necessary cooperation to the office bearers of identified pensioners associations in the matter of redressal of pensioners’ grievances
- PM Modi praised retired government employee for donating one-third pension to Swachh Bharat Kosh