Finance Ministry issued operational guidelines for the scheme of Swachh Bharat, these rules are into force with immediate effect…
SWACHH BHARAT KOSH OPERATIONAL GUIDELINES
1. Short Title and Commencement:
These will be called Swachh Bharat Kosh Operational Guidelines, 2014 and will come into force with immediate effect.
2. Objective of Setting-up the Fund (Kosh):
Individuals and philanthropists have expressed interest in contributing to efforts to achieve the objective of Clean India (Swachh Bharat) by the year 2019. The Swachh Bharat Kosh has been set up to facilitate channelization of philanthropic contributions and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funds towards this cause.
3. Governing Council:
The Swachh Bharat Kosh (henceforth called Kosh) would be administered by a Governing Council chaired by Secretary, Department of Expenditure. Other Permanent members will be Secretary (Planning), Secretary (Drinking Water and Sanitation), Secretary (Urban Development), Secretary (Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation), Secretary (Rural Development), Secretary (Panchayati Raj) and Secretary (School Education and Literacy). Departmental Secretaries from Tourism, Culture or any other department would be invited as and when their proposals are being deliberated.
The Governing Council would be assisted by a division to be set up in the Department of Expenditure, which will serve as its secretariat, headed by an
Administrator, at the Joint Secretary level.
5. Bank Account & Receipt of Contribution:
a) Contributions from companies and philanthropists shall be received in a single bank account opened in the State Bank of India, Central Secretariat Branch, North Block, New Delhi. The bank account will be operated jointly by the Administrator and the Chief Controller of Accounts, Ministry of Finance.
b) Donations into the Kosh may be made through online payments through net banking, or by debit and credit cards or Cheque/Demand Draft.
c) The donor would receive an automated, digitally signed receipt of the contributions. Besides, the following mode of acknowledgement with regard to receipt of donations will be adopted.
Related to Your Search:
- PM Modi praised retired government employee for donating one-third pension to Swachh Bharat Kosh
- Swachh Bharat Pakhwada (May 16-31, 2016) Action Plan for Pensioners’ Associations
- Railway takes steps under “swachh rail swachh bharat mission”
- Swachh Bharat Mission-Departmental Canteen
- Swachh Bharat Mission-RWAs
- PFRDA – Revision in cut off time under D Remit for same day NAV
- Filling up of the various posts of CSSS required to be filled up in the Office of GST Council Secretariat of Department of Revenue under Department of Expenditure
- No Holiday on October 2 for Central Government Employees
- Guidelines of Resident Welfare Association – Department of posts