Sukanya Samriddhi Account – Application Form – Passbook: RBI’s Instructions
RESERVE BANK OF INDIA
March 11, 2015
Sukanya Samriddhi Account
We forward herewith a copy of the Government of India Notification No. G.S.R.863(E) dated December 02, 2014 regarding the Sukanya Samriddhi Account for necessary action at your end. The Government of India, vide this Notification, has notified the Sukanya Samriddhi Account Rules, 2014, which came into force with effect from December 02, 2014.
2. Reporting of the Sukanya Samriddhi Account transactions i.e. receipt, payment, penalty, etc. may be directly done through the Government Account at Central Account Section, Reserve Bank of India, Nagpur on daily basis like the transactions of PPF, 1968, in order to have uniformity in reporting, reconciliation and accounting.
3. The Agency banks are required to observe the rules and regulations of the Scheme, and non-observance of rules and regulations would attract penal action, including de-authorization of the branch or bank. Pecuniary liabilities, if any, arising from such non-observance shall be borne entirely by the bank.
4. You may, therefore, approach Central Account Section, Reserve Bank of India, Nagpur for necessary arrangements to report Sukanya Samriddhi Account transactions with immediate effect.
5. Specimen of account opening application form and the passbook of the Sukanya Samriddhi Account are also enclosed for ready reference and necessary action at your end.
6. The contents of this circular may be brought to the notice of the branches of your bank operating the PPF, 1968 Scheme. These instructions should also be displayed on the notice boards of your branches for information.
(R. K. Singh)
Deputy General Manager
Related to Your Search:
- Income Tax benefits In Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA)
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Vs Public Provident Fund: 10 Things to Know
- Reduction of number of free transactions on third party ATM
- Reporting Cash Transactions under Rule 114E of Income Tax Rules, 1962
- Bank Charges for Non-Home Branch Customers
- Rates of small savings schemes
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account / Yojana – Highest fetching interest scheme across all schemes.
- June 30th is the last date to exchange pre-2005 Currency Notes including the denominations of Rs.500 and Rs.1000
- Post office bank IFSC code IPOS0000DOP