Submission of form 14 by Spouse to Pension Disbursing Bank Relaxed
The condition of applying for family pension in Form 14 on the death of pensioner has been causing inconvenience to widows, specially on account of the requirement of attestation by two Gazetted Officers.
The Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions Shri V. Narayanasamy informed the members of Standing Committee of Voluntary Agencies (SCOVA) that the Government has decided to do away with the requirement of submission of Form 14 for commencement of family pension where the pensioner and spouse hold a joint account. The spouse may inform the Bank of death of the pensioner by way of a simple letter enclosing a copy of death certificate. The paying bank will identify the spouse based on the information given in the PPO and its own “Know Your Customer” procedures.
In other cases, i.e., where the pension is not being credited to the joint bank account of the pensioner and his/her spouse, the condition of attestation of Form 14 has been done away with and giving witness of two persons has been considered as sufficient.
Source : PIB News
Related to Your Search:
- Submission of Form 14 by the spouse to the pension disbursing bank after the death of the pensioner – instructions reg
- How to apply for granting family pension on the death of Government servant, pensioner, family pensioner
- Opening of joint Account by pensioner with first name of pensioner
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Family Pension by Pensioner Portal
- CPAO: Timely commencement of family pension in favour of spouse by banks in the event of death of the pensioners
- Consolidated guidelines for pension disbursement authorities to ensure that pensioners / family pensioners are collected smoothly
- Payment of pension to the Central Government pensioners – Continuation of either or survivor pension account after death of a pensioner – RBI Instruction
- Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare Orders regarding Simplification of Pension process for permanently disabled children/siblings and dependent parents
- Waiver of requirement of producing two pensioners drawing pension from same PDA to identify the pensioner