ORDNANCE FACTORIES ARE IN STRIKE.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO 6196
ANSWERED ON 06.05.2013
STRIKE IN ORDNANCE FACTORIES
6196 . Shri HARIBHAU MADHAV JAWALE
Will the Minister of DEFENCE be pleased to state:-
(a) whether the employees of Ordnance factories in the country had gone on strike during the last three years;
(b) the details of the issues raised by them each time;
(c) whether the operations of ordnance factories were affected due to strike of employees;
(d) if so, the details thereof; and
(e) the steps taken / being taken by the Government in this regard?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE (SHRI JITENDRA SINGH) MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
(a) Yes, Madam.
(b) The trade unions have raised a number of demands. Most of the demands are common with other departments of the Government of India. However, there are certain demands specific to the ordnance factories such as payment of time wages to the piece workers, grant of 30 days Earned Leave to Industrial Workers who have opted Leave under the Factories Act, 1948, co- relation of piece work rates in the revised 6th Central Pay Commission (CPC) pay scales etc.
(c) & (d): Production in ordnance factories was affected adversely due to poor attendance at various shop level. Overall attendance in the organization on the days of the strike was 59.28% (7.9.2010), 23.27% (28.2.2012), 30.19% (20.2.2013) and 28.69% (21.2.2013). The production come down to less than 50% (7.9.2010), less than 20% (28.2.2012) and less than 25% (20.2.2013 & 21.2.2013) due to poor attendance.
(e) The demands are being examined at appropriate levels.
Related to Your Search:
- Strike in Ordnance Factories
- DEFENCE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACT WORKERS COMMENCED ONE MONTH STRIKE AGAINST THE ORDNANCE FACTORIES FROM 20.08.2019
- All India Defence employees Federation opposes corporatisation of Ordnance Factories
- Government Retires 13 Group ‘A’ Officers of Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Iofs)
- Defence – Ordnance Factories strike called off
- Review of Ordnance Factories
- Ordnance Employees Federations agreed to withdraw indefinite strike from 17.2.2014
- Corporatisation of Ordnance Factories – Still the cloud is not clear…
- 7th CPC: Rate of levying of Superannuation Charges for inclusion in the Production Accounts of Ordnance and Ordnance Equipment Factories