Strike by Bank Employees on 18th December 2013 – IBA Notice
Indian Banks’ Association
STRIKE BY BANK EMPLOYEES ON 18th DECEMBER 2013
Indian Banks’ Association (IBA), on behalf of its member banks, wishes to inform the public in general and banks’ customers in particular that constituents of United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU) consisting of five Workmen unions (AIBEA, NCBE, INBEF, NOBW, BEFI) and four Officers’ Associations (AIBOC, INBOC, AIBOA, NOBO) have given call to their members for All India strike on 18th December 2013 raising certain issues and demands. At IBA level, efforts are being made to avert the proposed strike.
In case, the strike materializes, the working of the banks where the constituent Unions / Associations of UFBU have majority membership may get affected on 18th December 2013. As a precaution, all concerned are requested to transact their banking business in advance / use alternate channels of banking facilities to avoid inconvenience to the extent possible.
IBA, on behalf of its member banks, regrets the inconvenience that may be caused to customers/members of the public, in the event the strike materialises.
Related to Your Search:
- Strike Notice by UFBU on 20th and 21st January 2014 – Deferred
- IBA Circular on deferment of bank strike proposed on 7th Jan 2015
- Notice of Strike by UFBU on 18th December 2013
- Impacts of two days Banks Strike on 20th & 21st Feb, 2013
- Bank employees to observe one-day strike on July 29
- Bank Employees Wage Revision – UFBU not satisfied with IBA’s offer, to go on strike
- PSU bank staff to go on two-day strike from Feb 20
- Two day strike Banking ops partially affected due to trade union strike
- Wage Negotiation: Negotiating Committee Meeting with Unions / Associations