Government of India
Ministry of personnel, public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Establishment A-IV Desk
North Block, New Delhi
New Delhi, 20th June, 2019
Subject: Strengthening of administration Periodic review of Central Government Employees under Fundamental Rule (FR) 56(j)/(l) and Rule 48 of CCS (pension) Rules, 1972
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M No.25013/1/2013-Estt.A dated 21.3.2014, OM No.25013/1/2013-Estt.A-IV dated 11.9.2015, 11.03.2016 and 10.8.2017 for periodic review of Central Government Employees for strengthening of administration under Fundamental Rule (FR) 56(j)/(l) and Rule 48 of CCS (pension) Rules, 1972.
The detailed guidelines on the above sunjeci are already in public domain at http://dopt.gov.in under Notifications -> OM & Orders -> Establishment -> Premature Retirement.
All Ministries / Departments are requested to undertake the periodic reviews in letter and spirit, including in public sector undertakings (PSUs) / Banks and Autonomous institutions, under their administrative control. Department of Public Enterprises will also compile and countercheck with all concerned Ministries / Departments.
The Ministries / Departments should ensure that the prescribed procedure like forming of opinion to retire a Government employee prematurely in public interest is strictly adhered to, and that the decision is not an arbitrary one, and is not based on collateral grounds as per the order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court in case of UOI & Col, J.N.Sinha [1571 SCR (1) 791].
All the Ministries / Departments shall furnish a report to Dop&T in the format given below by 15th day of each month starting from 15th July, 2019. Department of Public Enterprises are requested to also compile and countercheck the data with all concerned administrative Ministries / Departments in respect of PSUs before furnishing the report to DoP&T.
Number of employees to be reviewed under FR 56 (j) group-wise (A/B/C) – 1
Number of employees reviewed under FR 56 (j) group-wise (A/B/C) – 2
Number of employees reviewed and against whom FR 56 (j) invoked/ recommended group-wise (A/B/C) – 3
Number of employees retired prematurely under FR 56 (j) group-wise (A/B/C) – 4
(Surya Narayan Jha)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Periodic Review of Central Government Employees under FR 56(j)/(I) and Rule 48 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972
- Policy for Removal of Non-Performing Civil Servants
- CGDA – Periodic review of Central Government Employees under Rule 48 of CCS (Pension) Rules,1972
- Compulsory Retirement Under Section 56(J) of CCS (Pension) Rules
- Review of Work Performance under FR 56(j)
- Policy for Non-Performing Civil Servants
- Premature Retirement – Right to retired Government officials prematurely
- DOPT: Review of Recruitment Rules – regarding
- No interviews for government jobs from Jan 1; skill test may continue: DoPT