Strength of Central Government Pensioners as on 01.01.2014
Strength of Pensioners as on 01.01.2014 : Pensioners can be broadly categorised into Civil and Defence. Within civil pensioners there exist three broad categories: Central Civil, Railways and Post.
As on 01.01.2014, as per data reported to the Commission, the total number of pensioners were 51.96 lakh. The category wise break up is shown in the pie chart below
Pensioners and Family Pensioners
The break-up of the total 51.96 lakh pensioners as on 01.01.2014 between pensioners and family pensioners, category wise, is as under:
The table above brings out the following:
i. Of the total 51.96 lakh pensioners as on 01.01.2014, 11.83 lakh viz., 23 percent were family pensioners.
ii. Civilian pensioners consisting of Central Government Civil, Railways and Posts, as on 01.01.2014 number 27.81 lakh while defence pensioners (including defence civilians were 24.15 lakh. Defence pensioners (including defence family pensioners and defence civilians) constitute 47 percent of all pensioners.
Related to Your Search:
- Central Pensioners : 37% are in the 60-70 age group
- Latest official details of Defence Pensioners – PCDA released
- Railway and Indian Army among Top 10 Biggest Employers in the World as per World Economic Forum – Combined Strength of Central Government Employees (including Railways) of 30.84 lakh (3.84 Million) ignored in this report
- Vacant posts in Railways: Posts of Loco Pilot, Assistant Loco Pilot, Motorman and Driver
- Annual Report on Pay & Allowances for Central Government Employees – Finance Ministry
- Who is a Central Government employee? – Definition given by 7th CPC
- CENSUS OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES (As on 31st MARCH, 2009)
- Interesting Statistics from the 7th Pay Commission Report – Part 1
- 7th CPC Pension News : Separate orders will be issued to Armed Forces pensioners/family pensioners