Spot Check of Pension Payments by Pension Disbursing Banks.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBA No.114 /2018
No. 2012/AC-II/21/6 (Part-II)
New Delhi dated 17th October, 2018
All Zonal Railways/Production Units
Sub:- Spot Check of Pension Payments by Pension Disbursing Banks.
Expenditure on Pension accounts has increased substantially due to revision of pension as per 7th CPC. It is therefore necessary that the pension payments made by the banks are monitored closely and the pension debits are checked concurrently to ensure that there are no excess payments and the debits are in respect of bonafide Railway pensioners only. .
Besides internal checks and spot checks of pension payments, a physical verification drive of pensioners may also be launched during November, 2018 like previous years to carry out inspections and verifications of the ‘Life Certificate’ by pensioners to the banks. A team of staff from Personnel and Accounts department may be deputed for this purpose to visit the banks in their proximity. A suggestive checklist for verification to be carried out is enclosed. A brief report of the outcome of the above verification may be submitted to Board by 15th December, 2018.
|S.No.||Bank visited||No. of Records verified||Type ofPension/Family Pension||Discrepancydetected||Remarks|
Pr. Executive Director Accounts
Related to Your Search:
- Excess Pension Payments to Railway Pensioners – CHECKLIST FOR VERIFICATION OF PENSION PAYMENTS
- Pensioners Portal Orders: Pension by linking Aadhaar with Bank Accounts and PPO
- CPFC Directs to Ensure Credit of Pension to EPS Pensioners by 30th March
- Commencement of Pension in favour of retired Railway employees: Railway Bord
- Nomination of Nodal bank branches under Single Window Scheme (SWS) for reimbursement of Railway Pension
- Physical Verification of Retired Employees in Indian Railways
- Railways: Committee to be formed to monitor Disbursement of Pension and Internal Check
- Payment of revised pension including arrears w.e.f. 1.1.2016 to the pensioners
- Persmin criticised the Railways in SCOVA meeting for failing to revise Pension as per 6th CPC