Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Special Recruitment Drive for Filling up of Vacant Posts
Filling up of vacant posts is a continuing process. The recruitment agencies conduct recruitment process as per vacancies reported to them by the user departments. Based on vacancies reported by the user Departments, the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has started recruitment process to fill up 1,05,338 posts during the year 2019 and 2020. During 2017-18, Centralized Employment Notifications (CENs) for 1,27,573 combined vacancies of various Group ‘C’ and Level-1 posts were notified by the Ministry of Railways – for new and future vacancies to arise in two yearstime. Another five CENs covering 1,56,138 vacancies of various Group ‘C’ and Level-1 posts were issued in 2018-19. The Department of Posts has also conducted examination/notified to fill up 19,522 vacancies, other than those to be filled up through SSC, in various grades. Thus, recruitment process to fill up 4,08,591 vacancies by just three agencies viz. the SSC, Ministry of Railways and Department of Posts, is in progress.
This information was provided by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, DrJitendra Singh in written reply to a question in RajyaSabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Reduction in number of vacancies in various departments of the central government
- REMOVAL UNDER FR56(J) similar Rules have been invoked against 171 Group-A Central Government officers
- Filling up of vacant posts in Central Government Ministries / Department – Latest DoPT Orders 2020
- Vacant Posts in Central Government for different Categories
- Backlog reserved vacancies for SCs, STs and OBCs with ten Ministries and Departments
- 10,000 vacancies in KVs to be filled up this year: Govt
- Special Recruitment Drive to fill up the vacancies for Persons with Disabilities: Time Frame fixed by DoPT
- Over 6 Lakh Vacant Posts in Central Government Departments
- Number of vacancies in the Central Government Services