Privilege Pass Surrender Certificate
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi,dated 17.03.2021
The General Managers (P)
All Zonal Railways & PUs.
The Principal Financial Advisers
All Zonal Railways & PUs.
Sub: Special Dispensation for issuance of Privilege Pass Surrender Certificate (PPSC) of the year 2020 in the year 2021 for availing Special Cash Package (SCP).
Ref: (i) Board’s letters of even number dated 05.11.2020 & 04.03.2021.
(ii) OM No.12(2)/2020/E-11.A dated 16.02.2021 & 10.03.2021 of Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance (MoF).
The administrative and other difficulties brought out by South Central & Southern Railways vide their letters, both dated 09.03.2021, have been examined in the light of clarifications issued by MoF vide their OMs cited under Ref.(ii) above and it has been decided to permit the issuance of PPSC of the Calendar year 2020 to eligible Railway Servants for availing the Special Cash Package equivalent in lieu of AILTC. Accordingly, PPSC of 2020 may be issued upto 31.03.2021, on receipt of application as prescribed (copy enclosed) in Board’s letter No. E(W)2017/PS5-1/3 dated 10.09.2018. The PPSC of 2020 already issued in the Calendar Year 2021 shall also be treated as valid upto 31.03.2021 for the SCP scheme.
2. Under this special dispensation, if any Railway Servant becomes eligible for PPSC of 2020 but had already drawn PPSC of 2021, cancellation of PPSC of 2021 may be permitted by the Pass Issuing Authorities (PIA) on receipt of an application (Format at Annexure-I) with the original PPSC of 2021.
3. In cases, where original PPSC of 2021 had already been submitted by the Railway Servants to Personnel/Accounts Section and claimed SCP or for claiming SCP but eligible for PPSC of 2020, on receipt of an application (Format at Annexure-II) without original PPSC of 2021, respective PIA will issue PPSC of 2020. The Railway Servant will deposit the same i.e. the original PPSC of 2020 to respective Personnel/Accounts Section with an application (Format at Annexure-III) for cancellation of PPSC of 2021 already submitted with the claim. Personnel/Accounts Section will take into account the PPSC of 2020 submitted by the Railway Servant and cancel the PPSC of 2021 and return the same to respective PIA for records. The PTAs will ensure that the cancelled PPSCs of 2021 are received back from respective Personnel/Accounts Sections and taken on record. Priority may be accorded by PTAs and Personnel/Accounts Sections to settle such cases well before the closure of SCP Scheme.
4. It may be noted that Privilege Passes credited back to the Pass Account will be considered as un-availed Passes and this special dispensation will be applicable only upto 31.03.2021 for availing the Special Cash Package. Other terms and conditions of SCP scheme shall remain the same, as indicated vide Board’s letter dated 05.11.2029 cited under Ref(i) above.
5. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
Encl. : As stated
Dy. Director Estt. (Welfare)-I
Related to Your Search:
- Clarification regarding issuance of Privilege Pass Surrender Certificate and availing of Special Cash Package (SCP) in lieu of LTC – Railway
- Grace Period for LTC Block Year 2018-2021 Carry over of AILTC can be availed within the year 2022
- Scheme of optional All India Leave Travel Concession (AILTC) facility, once in a block of four years (i.e. 2018-2021 onwards) on surrender of Privilege Passes (PP)
- LTC to Railway employees (and Government servants whose spouses are Railway servants)
- Privilege Pass, PTO, Post Retirement Complimentary Pass from next year’s account should be issued 5 months in advance
- Grant of 1st Class Privilege Pass to the ASMs GP 2800/- upgraded to GP 4200/- (PB-2)/7th CPC Pay Level 6
- Issue of First Class ‘A’ Special Duty Cheque Pass to Railway Servants called for special felicitation/reward/award
- Railways : Inclusion of a Parent as well as Medical Attendant in Special Passes issued on medical grounds
- Issue of Privilege Passes/PTOs covering Udhampur-Katra Section: Clarification by Railway Board