Special Allowance to Nursing Staff in Railways as per 7th CPC Rs. 540 w.e.f. 01.07.2017 & 6th CPC Rs. 360 w.e.f. 01.09.2008: NFIR requests
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEWS DELHI
No. I/5(g)/part VI
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Special Allowance to Nurses working in Operation Theatre/Intensive Care Unit-revision of Allowances-reg.
Ref: (i) NFIR’s PNM Item No. 1/2012.
(ii) Railway Board’s OM No. E(P&A)I-2009/SP-1/Gen1/1 dated 09/07/2010 and 08/ 10/2013.
(iii) NFIR’s letter No. I/5(g) dated 08/11/2012 & no. I/5(g)/Pt. V dated 02/09/2013 and 13/01/2014.
(iv) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare letter no. 2.28015/2012013 – N dated 17th October 2013 copy endorsed to NFIR.
(v) Railway Board’s letter No. E(P&A)I-2012/FE-4/1 dated 23/01/2014.
(vi) NFIR’s letter No. I/5(g)/Part V dated 21/10/2014, 20/ 10/2015 & 30/05/2017.
Kind attention of Railway Board is invited to the above cited references relating to grant of Special Allowance to Nurses working in Operation Theatre/ Intensive Care Unit in Railway Hospitals.
NFIR also brings to the notice of Railway Board that the Ministry of Finance vide Resolution No 11-1/2016- IC dated 06th July 2017 has decided for retention of Operation Theatre Allowance and enhancing the Allowance from Rs. 360/- to Rs. 540/- p.m. with effect from 01/07/2017. Pursuant to the said decision, the Nursing Staff in Railways who are working in Operation Theatres/Intensive Care Units are entitled for payment of Allowance w. e. f. 01/09/2008 as per the rates prescribed/revised,” at the rate of Rs 540/- p. m w. e. f. 01/07/2017. According to the Ministry of Finance Resolution dated 06th July 2017 the Allowance allowed prior to 01/07/2017 was Rs.360/- p.m.
NFIR also desires to remind that pursuant to discussion in the PNM meeting (Item No. 1-B/2012), the Railway Ministry had recommended to Ministry of Health and Family Welfare who in turn had sent proposal to Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) for their concurrence. As the matter has since been settled Pursuant to MoF’s Resolution dated 06th July 2017, those Nursing Personnel working in Operation Theatres/Intensive Care Units are required to be paid this Allowance w.e.f 01/09/2008 as per the rates prescribed/revised from time to time.
As the NFIR PNM Item is pending since last five years, it is urged to expedite action and accord approval for payment of Allowance.
(Dr. M. Raghvaiah)
Source: NFIR Download PDF
Related to Your Search:
- Special Allowance to Nurses working in Operation Theater/Intensive Care Unit – revision of Allowances
- NFIR – Special Allowance to Nursing Superintendents working in Operation Theatre/Intensive Care Unit-revision of Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Hospital Patient Care Allowance to Group ‘C’ &’D’ Railway employees working in Railway Hospitals
- Grant of Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA) & Patient Care Allowance (PCA) to Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ (non-ministerial) Railway employees working in Railway Hospitals & Health Units/Clinics.
- 7th CPC: Revision of rates of Operation Theatre Allowance (Special Allowance) to the Nursing Personnel working Central Government – Hospitals as per recommendations of the 7th CPC
- Revision of Over Time Allowance to Railway Employees consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances
- Non-payment of Hospital Patient Care Allowance/Patient Care Allowance (HPCA/PCA) to the Kitchen Staff working in the Railway Hospitals
- Provision of GP 42001- in PB-2/Level 6 of 7th CPC to the Dressers/OT Assistants working in Railway Hospitals/Health Units
- Grant of Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA) & Patient Care Allowance (PCA) to Group ‘C’ & ‘D’