Special Aadhaar Enrolment drive for Pensioners, from May 30 to June 10, 2016
Pensioners will also get opportunity to seed data for digital life certificate
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched a special enrolment drive for pensioners who are yet to enroll for Aadhaar. The drive is being conducted to enable Pensioners avail the convenience of Jeevan Pramaan, an initiative of Department of Pensions and Pensioners’ Welfare, Government of India.
Every year, pensioners need to provide a life certificate to an authorized pension disbursing agency such as a Bank, Post office etc., for receipt of pension. To get a life certificate the pensioner is required to either personally present oneself before the Pension Disbursing Agency or have the Life Certificate issued by the department/authority where they served earlier and have it delivered to the disbursing agency. This entails considerable hardship to the senior Citizens.
Jeevan Pramaan, a digital life certificate which utilises the Aadhaar identity platform, addresses this very problem by digitizing the whole process of securing a life certificate. A pensioner just needs to biometrically authenticate at the nearest centre. After successful authentication, the digital life certificate is stored in a Life Certificate Repository, which can be accessed by the Pension Disbursing Authority.
To facilitate pensioners to avail the facility of Jeevan Pramaan, which is based on Aadhaar Identity platform, UIDAI and Department of Pensions and Pensioners’ Welfare have taken initiative to carry out special enrolment drive for Pensioners through banks which are Registrars for enrolment for Aadhaar as well as Pension Disbursing Authorities.
The banks which include names like State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Bank of Baroda, Allahabad Bank, Canara Bank, have also been asked to conduct special Aadhaar seeding camps where Pensioners will be requested to provide their Aadhaar details to their respective banks from which they draw pension so that they can get a digital life certificate – Jeevan Pramaan.
The enrolment drive and the Aadhaar seeding camp is being run from May 30 to June 10, 2016.
“We hold special enrolment drives to help people who are yet to enrol for Aadhaar. This particular exercise has been initiated to make sure pensioners get an Aadhaar number if they still don’t have one and seed the Aadhaar details of pensioners so that they can get a Jeevan Pramaan,” said Director General & Mission Director of UIDAI, Dr. Ajay Bhushan Pandey.
So far over 15.41 Lakh pensioners have already registered for the Aadhaar-enabled Jeevan Pramaan service.
Related to Your Search:
- Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners from Jeevan Pramaan website
- Enrolment for Aadhaar number and its seeding in pension records of all pensioners and family pensioners – regarding
- FAQ for Pensioners Regarding Digital Life Certificate (DLC)
- Pensioners Portal Orders: Pension by linking Aadhaar with Bank Accounts and PPO
- Government to help pensioners for getting digital life certificates
- Jeevan Pramaan – message from Joint Secretary (Pension)
- Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners: Jeevan Pramaan
- Dr Jitendra Singh directs targeted approach for Seeding of Aadhaar numbers in Pensioners Accounts
- Central Government pensioners need not visit office of Pension department or pension disbursing agency for submission of Life Certificate