Skill Development for Government Servants
Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy has said that the Government has a National Training Policy (NTP) to develop a professional, impartial and efficient civil service. NTP provides for Competency Framework to ensure that civil servants have the requisite knowledge, skills and attitude to effectively perform the functions entrusted to them. Competencies encompass knowledge, skills and behaviour, which are required in an individual for effectively performing the functions of a post.
In a written reply in the Lok Sabha today Shri Rudy said, each Ministry/Department is required to identify the competencies needed for various posts under their control and conduct training for their cadres/employees through various training programmes as per their need under this Policy. Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), the nodal department for National Training Policy (NTP), has developed competency dictionary and tool kit for the civil services. Moreover, generic competency mapping has been completed for every unique position in Department of Personnel & Training, Ministry of Corporate Affairs and Central Secretariat Services cadres.
Source: PIB News
Related to Your Search:
- Competency Dictionary for Civil Services: Inviting Inputs/Comments by DoPT
- DoPT launches e-service record system for government employees
- Training to employees to improve performance : National Training Policy 2012
- Railway Minister gives directions for “comprehensive training programme” for all employees
- DoPT Orders 2019 – Service Profile of Central Services
- Proposal for implementation of various training programmes under the Training For All Scheme – Latest DoPT Orders 2020
- Civil Services Preliminary Examination, 2014: Instructions from DoPT
- One Week In-service Training (IST) programme for Officers of All India Service (IAS, IPS & IFoS), officers working under the Central Staffing Scheme
- Single Transfer Policy for State & Central Government employees