Single Transfer Policy for State & Central Government employees
There is no proposal to formulate single transfer policy for the Government employees
Single Transfer Policy for both Central & State employees
In terms of instructions issued by Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) on transfer/posting of Government employees, all Ministries/Departments of Government of India are required to have their own guidelines for transfer/posting of their employees providing for the following –
i. minimum tenure;
ii. have a mechanism akin to Civil Services Board for recommending transfer; and
Respective Ministries/Departments are also required to place the transfer policy in public domain.
There is no proposal to formulate single transfer policy for the Government employees as guidelines for transfer/posting of employees depend on the specific requirement of individual Ministries/ Departments. Moreover, the State Public Services are under State List for which the State Governments are competent to make rules and policies. Accordingly, there is no proposal to constitute any commission for single transfer policy for both Central & State employees.
This information was provided by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- No proposal to formulate a single transfer policy for the Central Government employees
- Transfer & Posting of Women Employees in Central Government Services
- Dopt orders 2015: Framing a Transfer Policy in all cadres – regarding
- Transfer Policy of National Informatics Centre (NIC)
- Transfer Policy of Railway Officials
- Seeking option from promoted Under Secretaries (adhoc) under Rotational Transfer Policy
- Rotational Transfer of CSS officers of DS Grade and above – Furnishing of personal information thereof.
- Revised Rotational Transfer Policy applicable to CSS officers – Latest DoPT Orders 2020
- Promotional penalties for violation of reservation