THE SEXUAL HARASSMENT OF WOMEN AT WORKPLACE
(PREVENTION, PROHIBITION AND REDRESSAL) ACT, 2013
ACT NO. 14 OF 2013
[22nd April, 2013]
An Act to provide protection against sexual harassment of women at workplace and for the
prevention and redressal of complaints of sexual harassment and for matters connected
therewith or incidental thereto.
WHEREAS sexual harassment results in violation of the fundamental rights of a woman to equality
under articles 14 and 15 of the Constitution of India and her right to life and to live with dignity under
article 21 of the Constitution and right to practice any profession or to carry on any occupation, trade or
business with includes a right to a safe environment free from sexual harassment;
AND WHEREAS the protection against sexual harassment and the right to work with dignity are
universally recognised human rights by international conventions and instruments such as Convention on
the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women, which has been ratified on the 25th June,
1993 by the Government of India;
AND WHEREAS it is expedient to make provisions for giving effect to the said Convention for
protection of women against sexual harassment at workplace.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Sixty-fourth Year of the Republic of India as follows..
Read more at Prevention of Sexual Harassment
Related to Your Search:
- Implementation of leave provision under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal) Act, 2013 — Reg.
- Sexual Harassment of Women at Work Place – Lok Sabha Q&A
- Paid leave for sexual harassment victims
- 90 days paid leave for sexual harassment complainants at government
- Central Civil Services (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules 1965 – Guidelines regarding prevention of sexual harassment of women at the workplace
- Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules 1964 – Guidelines regarding prevention of sexual harassment of women at the workplace- regarding
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment of Women at the Workplace – Amendments to CCS (Conduct) Rules 1964
- SHe-Box portal set up for registering complaints of sexual harassment of women employees at workplace, of both Government and Private sector
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment of working women at workplace – Seniority of the Chairperson of the Complaint Committee