Latest news for central govt employees today
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PGs and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi-110001
Subject: Setting up of Search Committees / Search-cum-Selection Committees – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM No. AB-14017/11/2004-Estt.(RR) dated 30.7.3007 containing instructions on setting up of Search Committees/ Search-cum-Selection Committees in Government, Autonomous and Statutory Bodies.
2. Para 4(vi) of OM dated 30.7.2007 specifies that composition of Search Committees need to be approved by DoPT in each case, if the post proposes to be filled up by this procedure is in the scale of pay of Rs. 18400-22400 [Level 14 as per 7th CPC pay scales] and above. While Para 5(i) of OM dated 30.7.2007 provides that prior concurrence of DoPT is to be obtained by Ministry/ Department for constituting Search-cum-Selection Committee for all appointments to the post of Chief Executive and for all appointments carrying the pay scale of Rs. 18400-22400 [Level 14 as per 7th CPC pay scales] and above.
3. Vide GSR 109(E) dated 12.2.2020, Department of Revenue has notified the Tribunal, Appellate Tribunal and other Authorities [Qualifications, Experience and other Conditions of Service of Members] Rules, 2020. Schedule to these Rules contain the specific composition of Search-cum-Selection Committee for posts of Chairman, President, Presiding Officer, Vice- Chairperson, Vice-President, and Members (eg. Judicial, Administrative etc.) of 19 Tribunals mentioned therein. It has been decided that for constitution of Search-cum-Selection Committee, for the posts in these 19 Tribunals mentioned in the Schedule to the aforesaid Rules, prior approval of DoPT, in terms of OM dated 30.7.2007 (referred to in par 2 above), is not necessary.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Ministries / Departments (as per list)
Related to Your Search:
- Setting up of Search Committees/Search-cum-Selection Committee
- Constitution of Search-cum-selection Committee for selection for appointment to a Board level post in Central Public Sector Enterprises(CPSEs)
- DoPT: Applications or Nominations for Chairperson and Members of Lokpal
- Extension of timeline for submission of summary of Medical Report in respect of Group A officers of Central Civil Services for the year 2019-2020
- Dopt Orders: Representation of SC, ST, OBC, Minorities and the Women on Selection Board / Committees
- Proposal for grant of Apex Scale to Director General (DG) level officers at the Centre on Seniority basis instead of post specific basis
- Transfer and Placement Committees in the Department of Post
- Draft Recruitment Rules for the Post of Multi Tasking Staff in Staff Selection Commission
- Seniority of officers holding posts/grades in grades merged in pursuance of recommendations of Sixth Central Pay Commission