Setting up of 7th Central Pay Commission (7CPC): Matter has been referred to Ministry of Finance by Railway Ministry in view of Strike Call
In the reply to a question
in Rajya Sabha regarding strike called by Railways federations the Ministry of Railways stated about setting up of 7th Central Pay Commission that:
One of the demands of both the Federations is regarding setting up of VIIth Central Pay Commission (7CPC) . Since constitution of Central Pay Commission is a subject matter of Ministry of Finance, the same has been referred to that Ministry.
See the full capture of Rajya Sabha unstarred question:
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO-1704
Demand for new National Pay Commission
1704 . SHRI D. RAJA
(a) whether it is a fact that all Railway trade unions have threatened to go on a general strike if their demand for a new National Pay Commission is not announced within a period of four months; and
(b) if so, the details thereof and Government’s reaction thereto?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
(SHRI KOTLA JAYA SURYA PRAKASH REDDY)
(a) and (b): There are two recognized staff Federations on Railways. Both the Federations have made numerous demands concerning various service matters of railway employees like pay and allowances, promotion and pension. While one of the Federations have indicated that if their grievances are not resolved in a time bound programme, the Federation would be compelled to conduct strike ballot as a first step. The other Federation have decided to give a time of four months to the Government for satisfactorily settling their demands failing which the Federation will be compelled to give call for ‘Indefinite Strike’ on Railways. One of the demands of both the Federations is regarding setting up of VIIth Central Pay Commission. Since constitution of Central Pay Commission is a subject matter of Ministry of Finance, the same has been referred to that Ministry.
Source Rajya Sabha Q&A click the above image.
Related to Your Search:
- RAILWAY EMPLOYEES STRIKE: 7th CPC, MERGER OF DA Etc – Government Reply in LOK SABHA
- 7th CPC: Strike call by nurses federation over pay hike
- NFIR’s Decision on Strike Notice – taken up by Honarable Minister of Railways in Lok Sabha.
- 7th Pay Commission issue in Parliament – Strike by Railway Employees
- The outcome of announcement on setting up of 7th Pay commission
- Ordnance Employees Federations agreed to withdraw indefinite strike from 17.2.2014
- Nation wide strike by bank employees: Rajya Sabha Q&A
- Demands of Staff of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas: Rajya Sabha Q&A
- 7th Pay Commission multiplication factor – Government has no proposal to increase it to 3 – Finance Minister