Service/Retirement Benefits: Lok Sabha Q&A
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS
(DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL & TRAINING)
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 2229
(TO BE ANSWERED ON 15.03.2017)
2229. SHRI SULTAN AHMED:
Will the PRIME MINISTER be pleased to state:
(a) whether the Government has reviewed or proposed to review the service and retirement benefits of Government employees;
(b) if so, the details thereof; and
(c) the changes made/proposed to be made in regard to deputation and early retirement policies?
Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office. (DR. JITENDRA SINGH)
(a) to (b): The service and retirement benefits are decided and reviewed as per the recommendations of the Central Pay Commission (CPC) and acceptance/rejection of the same by the Government thereon. The recommendations of Seventh CPC have been considered by the Government and necessary resolutions have already been published in the Gazette of India.
(c): Vide DoPT’s O.M. No. 2/6/2016-Estt.Pay-II dated 17.02.2016, the Administrative Ministries/Departments and other borrowing organisations have been delegated powers to extend a deputation tenure upto seven years where absolutely necessary in public interest.This shall be subject to fulfilment of conditions prescribed in DoPT’s O.M. No. 6/8/2009- Estt.(Pay-II) dated 17.06.2010.
The voluntary retirement policy of AIS officers have also been aligned with other Central Government employees vide this Ministry’s Gazette Notification No.24012/04/2016.AIS-II(Pension) dated 27.02.2017.
Source: LOK SABHA
Lok Sabha Q&A, Retirement AGE
Related to Your Search:
- Retirement Age of CG Employees – Lok Sabha Q&A
- Government servant getting retirement benefit from deputation office
- Increase in retirement age 60 to 62-Rajya sabha Q&A
- Retirement age to 62 for central government employees
- No proposal to change the age of superannuation of Central Government employees
- “Compulsorily Retirement” who are inactive or have charges of corruption – Loksabha
- Premature retirement of central government employees before the date of superannuation
- No Increase or Decrease the Age of Retirement of Central Government Employees
- Retirement Age Becomes the Centre of Attention Once Again!