Education scholarship scheme for single girl child
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
DEPARTMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION
UNSTARRED QUESTION No. 1333
TO BE ANSWERED ON 25th NOVEMBER, 2019
Scholarship for Single Girl Child
1333. SHRI PATEL HASMUKHBHAI SOMABHAI:
Will the Minister of HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT be pleased to state:
(a) whether the Government proposes any education scholarship scheme for single girl child; and
(b) if so, the details thereof during the last three years?
MINISTER OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
(Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’)
(a): The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and the University Grants Commission (UGC) are implementing the following scholarship/fellowship schemes exclusively for Single Girl Child.
Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child:- CBSE is implementing Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child. Those single girl child, who have passed class X examination with 60% marks and studying in CBSE affiliated schools in class XI and XII are eligible for the award. The rate of scholarship is Rs. 6,000/- per annum. The number of scholarships for each year is determined based on the applications received.
UGC is implementing two schemes for Single Girl Child namely:-
(i) Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl child:- This scholarship is awarded to single girl child up to 30 years of age for studying in various postgraduate courses in colleges / universities on a full-time basis. Rate of scholarship is Rs. 36,200 per annum for a period of two years only. The number of fresh scholarship given per year is 3,000.
(ii) Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Fellowship for Research in Social Sciences:- Fellowship programme is provided to only girl child up to the age of 40 years for five years and admitted in full time Ph.D programme in Social Sciences in Colleges/Universities. Fellowship amount of Rs. 25,000 per month for first two years and Rs. 28,000 per month for remaining tenure is provided. There is no fixed number of fellowships for a particular year which is variable depending upon the number of applications received every year.
(b): The details of scholarships / fellowships provided and amount disbursed during the last three years is as under:-
Related to Your Search:
- Scholarship to Single Girl Child
- Merit Scholarship for Single Girl Child in CBSE
- Assistance for Higher Education
- Electronic Transfer of funds for centrally sponsored welfare schemes
- Income Limit for SC/ST for Availing Facilities
- Scholarship for Wards of Employees of the Board
- CBSE Call Centre Telephone and Mobile Phone Numbers…
- National Mission on Teachers and Training to be Launched to Improve Quality of Teachers and Teaching
- Introduction of new Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Pre-Matric Scholarship for needy Scheduled Tribe Students, Studying in Classes IX & X