Schemes for Retired Employees
The pension of Central Civil Government servants appointed on or before 31.12.2003 is governed by the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules 1972 or the corresponding Pension Rules of other Services/Departments such as All India Services and Railways.
The Central Civil Government Servants appointed on or after 01.01.2004 are governed by the Defined Contribution-based Pension Scheme under the National Pension System.
The personnel belonging to the Defence Services continue to be eligible for pension under Defined Benefit Pension Rules applicable to defence personnel.
There is no proposal to introduce any new pension scheme for retired Central Government employees.
This was stated by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question by Smt. Rekha Verma in the Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Union Minister of State Reply – No proposal to introduce any new pension scheme for retired Central Government employees
- Retirement Benefits : Defined Benefit Pension Scheme and New Pension Scheme to retired Central Government employees
- Policy for Removal of Non-Performing Civil Servants
- Reversion to Old Pension Scheme
- Reversion to old pension scheme
- Grant of additional pension to the pensioners of U.T. Chandigarh
- Rules for Central Government Employees to Contests Elections
- Policy for Non-Performing Civil Servants
- NPS to OPS – Contract for Old Pension Scheme – Rajya Sabha – Central Government employees