Sanctioning of Leave : Dies non – No Work No Pay
All the Central Government employees those who are participated in the Two Day Strike have been warned by the government through its circular dated 15-02-2013, that leave of any kind will not be sanctioned for them. It is under stood that the absence of two days in strike period will be treated as Dies non
The West Bengal State Government too issued a circular a day before , in which it has been said that no leave will be granted to its employees during the strike, and if they aren’t present in office it will be treated as dies non with no salary admissible if they don’t give a suitable reason and produce proper documents for refraining from turning up for duty.
What is Dies non ?
Dies non: In service terms, “dies non” means a day, which cannot be treated as duty for any purpose. It does not constitute break in service. But the period treated as ‘dies non’ does not qualify as service for pensioner benefits or increment.
As per the Postal Manual Volume III, Central Civil Services (Classification,Control and appeal) rules, 1965, the Absence of officials from duty without proper permission or when on duty in office, they have left the office without proper permission or while in the office, they refused to perform the duties assigned to them is subversive of discipline. In cases of such absence from work, the leave sanctioning authority may order that the days on which work is not performed be treated as dies non, i.e. they will neither count as service nor be construed as break in service. This will be without prejudice to any other action that the competent authorities might take against the persons resorting to such practices.
Related to Your Search:
- Postal Department Orders – Clarification on reckoning of period of “Dies non” while & granting ACP / MACP to officials.
- No salary deduction on bandh day for Bengal Government Employees on paid leaves
- CGA Orders: One day Strike on 16th March 2017
- Ex-gratia lump sum compensation NOK of Army personnel
- Regularization of leave for the absence period of Central Government Employees during lockdown period due to COVID-19
- Clarification on regularization of absence during COVID-19 pandemic period 2021
- Clarification on regarding of Absence during COVID-19 Lockdown period
- KVS – Uniform interim procedure of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan employees regularize of absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period
- Regularization of officer / employee absence due to lockdown w.e.f. 25th March 2020