MINISTRY OF LAW AND JUSTICE
New Delhi, the 7th April, 2020 / Chaitra 18, 1942 (Saka)
THE SALARY, ALLOWANCES AND PENSION OF
MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT (AMENDMENT)
No. 3 of 2020
Promulgated by the President in the Seventy-first Year of the Republic of India.
An Ordinance further to amend the Salary, Allowances and Pension of Members of Parliament Act, 1954.
WHEREAS India, as the rest of the world, is grappling with Corona Virus (COVID-19) pandemic which has severe health and economic ramifications for the people of the country;
AND WHEREAS the Corona Virus (COVID-19) pandemic has shown the importance of expeditious relief and assistance and therefore, it is necessary to take certain emergency measures to prevent and contain the spread of said pandemic;
AND WHEREAS in order to manage and control such situation, it has become necessary to raise resources by reduction of salaries and allowances of Members of Parliament;
AND WHEREAS Parliament is not in session and the President is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary for him to take immediate action;
NOW, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (1) of article 123 of the Constitution, the President is pleased to promulgate the following Ordinance :
- (1) This Ordinance may be called the Salary, Allowances And Pension of Members of Parliament (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
- In the Salary, Allowance and Pension of Members of Parliment Act, 1954, in section 3, after sub-section (1), the following sub-section shall be inserted, namely :-
“ (1A) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), the salary payable to Members of Parliment under sub-section(1) shall be reduced by thirty percent for a period of one year commencing from the 1st April, 2020, to meet the exigencies arising out of Corona Virus (COVID-19) pandemic,”.
Related to Your Search:
- Gratuity Ceiling Amendment – Gratuity Payment, Date and Maternity Leave
- Providing vaccine of Corona to the Postal Employees on priority basis – NFPE
- PF withdrawal: EPFO members can now apply for a second COVID-19 non-refundable advance
- Cabinet approves Amendments to Housing and Telephone Facilities Rules, Constituency Allowance Rules and Office Expense Allowance Rules for MPs
- Employees Pension Amendment Scheme, 2020 – Gazette notification
- These employees will get 100% hike even without Pay Commission
- Plasma treatment for COVID-19 affected Railwaymen – Need for creation of Plasma Donors Bank exclusively for Railwaymen
- Deduction of Income Tax on interest of GPF subscription over Rs. 5 Lakhs
- Request for payment of salary to the employees & payment of pension on 01.04.2017