Amendment to Rule 16 (i) and Rule 61 of Post Office Life Insurance Rules, 2011.
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
(Directorate of Postal Life Insurance).
Chanakyapuri PO Complex, New Delhi-110021
All Head of Circles
Sub: Amendment to Rule 16 (i) and Rule 61 of Post Office Life Insurance Rules, 2011.
The provisions in connection with settlement of claims arising due to death of insurant by suicide i.e. Rule 16 (i) and Rule 61 of Post Office Life Insurance (POLI) Rules, 2011 has been amended. The amendment provides as follows:
(i) payment of 80% of premia paid or surrender value, whichever is higher, in case of suicide committed before expiry of 1 year from date of acceptance or date of revival, whichever is later, and
(ii) treating suicide cases at par with other death claim cases if suicide committed after 1 year from date of acceptance or date of revival, whichever is later.
2. Accordingly, Gazette Notification amending Rules, 16 (i) and Rule 61 of POLI Rules, 2011 is enclosed (Annexure-]). Illustrations are enclosed as Annexure-II.
3. This instruction may be widely circulated in the Circle for compliance.
This issues with the approval of CGM (PLI).
Related to Your Search:
- DoP – Clarification on date of commencement of risk for PLI / RPLI proposals
- Post Office Life Insurance Policies on their claims due to death or maturity at the following rate of Bonus
- Revision of acceptance limits for PLI RPLI plans & claims resolution – DoP
- Suicide cases in Armed Forces – Details as on date
- Gazette Notification – Central Civil Services CCS (Pension) Second Amendment Rules, 2019
- Instructions for the cases where the reporting / reviewing / accepting authority demits office or retires before the due dates prescribed for the PAR year 2018-19 for all AIS officers, vide DOPT’s letter dated 26.4.2019
- Amendment in Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964 regarding acceptance of gifts by Government servants
- Nature of discipline and a punishment appropriate to the seriousness of the offense committed
- Gazette Notification – Amendment in Rule-5 of Civilian Defence Service (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016