Rounding off of a fraction of a rupee in regulation of additional pension
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi-110 003.
Dated the 16th April, 2015
Subject: Rounding off of a fraction of a rupee in regulation of additional pension
The undersigned is directed to say that vide this Department’s 0M No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 1 ,9.2008 and 0M No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 2.9.2008. Instructions were issued for grant of additional pension/family pension @ 20% to 100% to old pensioners/family pensioners of the age of 80 years and above.
A question has been raised as to how the amount of additional pension is to be regulated in case the additional pension results in fraction of a rupee. The matter has been examined in consultation with Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) and it has been decided that the amount of additional pension as finally calculated may be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
In cases where the pension/family pension of old pensioners has been fixed/revised without rounding off the additional pension, in those cases also, the additional pension may be rounded off to the next higher rupee hereinafter. However, no arrears for the period from 1.1.2006 on account of such rounding off would be paid in those cases.
3. This issues with the approval of Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) ID No. 157/EV/2015 dated 30.3.2015.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Authority : http://pensionersportal.gov.in/
Related to Your Search:
- Rounding off of a fraction of a rupee in calculation of additional Pension for Railway Pensioners
- Rounding off of a fraction of a rupee in regulation of additional pension – MoD Order on 23.12.2015
- Rounding off of a fraction of a rupee in regulation of additional pension
- ‘Rounding off’ instructions given by Ministry of Finance as per 6th CPC
- Payment of Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief to the State Government employees/ pensioners/family pensioners
- OROP Pension Calculation – Rounding of Qualifying Service
- Sanction of 6% dearness Relief on the pension of the pensioners of the state of Madhya pradesh.
- Sanction of 7% dearness relief on the Pension of the Pensioner of the State of Madhya Pradesh.(w.e.f. 01-01-2014)
- Grant of Dearness Relief to Rajasthan State Government Pensioners revised from 17% to 28% DR Order Dated 15-July-2021