Revision of Scheme of National Welfare Fund of Sportspersons
The National Welfare Fund for sports persons was set up in March, 1982 with a view to assisting outstanding sportspersons of yesteryears, who had brought glory to the country in sports, now living in indigent circumstances,. The scheme was last reviewed and revised in July 2009.
Scheme of National Welfare Fund of Sportspersons has been reviewed again and has been revised extensively.
Under the revised Scheme, amount of annual income for being eligible for getting financial assistance from the Fund has been raised from the existing Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 4 lakh.
Scope of the Scheme has also been expanded to include more sportspersons for being considered for financial assistance from the Fund.
Quantum of assistance from the Fund has also been substantially enhanced.
Under the revised scheme, sportspersons and family members of the sportspersons living in indigent circumstances will be eligible for following amounts of financial assistance:
(i) Financial assistance may be granted to an outstanding sportsperson now living in indigent circumstances, subject to a maximum of Rs. 5 lakh.
(ii) Financial assistance subject to a maximum of Rs. 10 lakh may be granted to an outstanding sportsperson for injuries sustained during training for and participation in sports competitions.
(iii) Financial assistance not exceeding Rs. 5.00 lakh may be provided to the families of deceased outstanding sportspersons living in indigent circumstances.
(iv) Financial assistance not exceeding Rs. 10 lakh may be provided for medical treatment of an outstanding sportsperson or of any of his/her family members living in indigent circumstances.
(v) Financial assistance not exceeding Rs. 2 lakh may be provided to coaches and support personnel such as sports doctors, sports psychologists, sports mentors, physiotherapists, masseurs who have been attached with national coaching camps for senior category players and national teams (senior category), and umpires, referees and match officials, who have been associated with recognized national championships (senior category) and international tournaments (senior category) in the sports disciplines included in Olympic Games, Asian Games and Commonwealth Games who are living in indigent circumstances or to family members of such deceased support personnel living in indigent circumstances.
Related to Your Search:
- Rate of Pension to Sports Persons under “Scheme of Pension to Meritorious Sports persons”
- RAJYA SABHA – Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay National Welfare Fund for Sportspersons
- Pension to Meritorious Sportspersons – Scheme for disabled sportspersons
- Criteria for providing jobs to State and National Level Sports Persons
- Government Providing Facilities for sportspersons
- Schemes for development of sports
- Pension Scheme for Retired Sportspersons
- Sports Ministry Revises Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar Scheme
- Relaxation of sports Achievements – Recruitment of sports quota for 2020-2021 in the Talent Scouting Category