Revision of rates of Training Allowances and abolition of Sumptuary Allowance for Training Institutes.
Government of India (Bharat Sarkar)
Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
New Delhi, Dated 06.10.2017
The General Managers,
All Indian Railway and
The Director General,
Sub: Revision of rates of Training Allowances and abolition of Sumptuary Allowance for Training Institutes.
Kindly refer to Ministry of Railways’ letter Nos. E(MPP)/2005/13/2 dated 22.08.2005 (RBE No. 139/2005) followed by E(MPP)/2008/3/18 dated 20.10.2008 (RBE No. 156/2008) wherein Ministry of Railways had communicated that the training allowance is to be paid @ 30% and @ 15% of the basic pay to the faculty members, for imparting training to Group ‘A’ Officers and to Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ staff respectively on Centralised Training Institutes and various other training Centres on Indian Railways, respectively.
2. Pursuant to the recommendation of 7th CPC as per Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure- Resolution No. 1/1/2013 -E.III(A) dated 06.07.2017, the rates of Training Allowance is revised as follows:
|In the National/Central Training Academies and Institutes for Group ‘A’ officers.||24% of Basic Pay|
|In other Training Establishments||12% of Basic Pay|
3. It will be admissible only to the employees who join the training establishments for a specified period of time and are then likely to go back. It will not be admissible to those employees who are directly recruited by such training establishments for imparting training.
4. Training Allowance will be admissible to the faculty members without any ceiling of 5 years and standard cooling off period between tenures will apply.
5. Further, above mentioned Board’s instruction had stated that ‘Sumptuary Allowance’ shall be paid @ Rs 3500/- per month for the Director/ Head of the Centralised Training Instititutes for Group ‘A’ Officers and @ Rs 2500/- per month to Course Directors and @ Rs 2000/- per month to Counsellors. Pursuant to the recommendation of 7th CPC recommendation and as per Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure- Resolution No. 1/1/2013 -E.III(A) dated 06.07.2017, ‘Sumptuary Allowance’ for Training Establishment is abolished.
6. The revised rates of allowances and abolition of Sumptuary Allowance shall be applicable with effect from 1st July, 2017.
7. All other guidelines/instructions on the subject shall remain unchanged.
8. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
Please acknowledge receipt.
(Mahendra Kumar Gupta)
Source: Railway Board
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission – Revision of rate of Training Allowance
- Grant of revised Training Allowance to Defence Personnels – 7th CPC MoD order
- Grant of 7th CPC Conveyance Allowance at the revised rates to Railway Medical Officers clarification
- 7th Pay Commission – Revision of rate of Training Allowance – DoPT Order
- Revision of rate of Training Allowance and Sumptuary Allowance- Clarification by DoPT
- 7th CPC revised conveyance allowance rates for Railway Medical Officers
- Revision of remuneration rates in para-medical categories in Group ‘C’ on contract basis – Railway Board Order
- 7th CPC Revision of the rates of Railway Board Tenure Allowance to the Officers of Organized Group A Railway Services
- Rates of Dearness Allowance applicable with effective from 01 January 2013 to the Railway employees continuing to draw their pay in the pre-revised scale as per 5th CPC – Railway Board Orders