Revision of rate of Penury Grant from Rs.1,000 p.m. to Rs.4,000 p.m. w.e.f. 01.04.2017: DESW Order
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
Room No.237, ‘B’ Wing,
Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011.
dated the 08th June, 2017
Subject: Revision of rate of Penury Grant funded out of Armed Forces Flag Day Fund (AFFDF).
It has been decided with the approval of the competent authority to enhance the rate of Penury Grant to the non-pensioner Ex-Servicemen/Widows (above 65 years of age) under the Scheme of Raksha Mantri Ex-Servicemen Welfare Fund (funded out of Armed Forces Flag Day Fund) from Rs.l,000/- per month per beneficiary to Rs.4,0.00/- per month per beneficiary.
2. The revised rate will come into force with effect from 1st April, 2017.
Joint Secretary to Government of India
Secretary (KSB), KSB,
West Block-IV, R.K. Puram,
Penury Grant to Non-Pensioner Ex-Servicemen/Widows Enhanced
Director,Rajya Sainik Board
A Copy for information to:
l. Adjutant General, Q of MoD (Army),South Block, New Delhi.
2. Chief of Personnel (CoP), IHQ of MOD (Navy), Sena Bawan, New Delhi.
3. Air Officer In-charge (Personnel), Air Hqtrs, Vayu Bhawan, New Delhi.
4. Lt. Gen (Dr.) Balbir Singh, President, Indian, Ex-Servicemen League(IESL), Nayaya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-110021
5 . Air; Marshal (Retd) T.S. Radhawa, Senior Vice President, Air Force Association, Air Force Station, Race Course, New Delhi-l 10 003.
6. Capt. N.K. Mahajan, President, Disabled War Veterans, C-6-18/1, Safdarjung Development Area (Behind Haus Khas Telephone Exchange) New Delhi-110016.
7. Director General Resettlement, West Block-IV, R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110066.
8. MD, ECHS,Central Organizatiion, ECHS, AG’s Branch, IHQ of MoD (Army), Mode Lines, Delhi Cantt, 1150010.
9. ADG (Media), Ministry of Defence alongwith copy of Press Note.
10. PS to Hon’ble RM/RRM;
11. PPS to Secretary, ESW.