Revision of pre-2006 JCOs/ORs pensioners/ Family pensioners: PCDA Circular No. 547
OFFICE OF THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Circular No. 547
Subject:- Revision of pension in r/o pre-2006 JCOs/ORs pensioners/ Family pensioners
Reference:-This office circular No. 397 dated 18.11.2008 and last amendment made vide this office Circular No. 452 dated 21.02.2011, No. 453 dated 22.02.2011 and Circular No. 501 dated 17.01.2013.
Copy of MOD letter No. 1(04)/2015/(1)-D(Pen/Pol) dated 3rd September, 2015 on the above subject is forwarded herewith for further necessary action at your end.
2. As per provision contained in Para 5 of Ministry’s letter No 17(4)/2008(1)/D(Pen/Pol) dated 11.11.2008 as amended therein, wef 01.01.2006 revised pension and revised ordinary family pension of all pre-2006 Armed Force pensioners/family pensioners determine in terms of fitment formula laid down in Para 4.1 of above said letter dated 11.11.2008, shall in no case be lower than fifty percent and thirty percent respectively, of the minimum of the pay in pay band plus the Grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised scale from which the pensioner had retired discharged/ invalided out/ died including Military Service Pay and ‘X’ Group Pay, where applicable.
3. After issue of GOI, Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensioners, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare letter No. 38/37/08-P & PW (A) dated 30.07.2015, it has been decided that with effect from 01.01.2006 pension/family pension of Pre-2006 JCOs/ORs pensioners/Family pensioners shall be determined as fifty and thirty percent respectively of the minimum of the fitment table for the Rank in the revised Pay Band as indicated under fitment tables annexed with 1/S/2008 as amended and equivalent instructions for Navy and Air Force, plus Grade Pay corresponding to the pre-revised scale from which the pensioner had retired /discharged /invalided out /died including Military Service Pay and X group pay.
4. However, in case, the consolidated pension/family pension calculated as per Para 4.1 of this Ministry’s letter No. 17(4)/2008(1)/D(Pen/Pol) dated 11.11.2008 is higher than the pension/family pension calculated in the manner indicated above, the same (higher consolidated pension/family pension) will be continued to be treated as basic pension/family pension. However, where revised pension in terms of GOI, MOD letter No. PC 10(1)/2009-D (Pen/Pol) dated 08.03.2010 and No. 1(13)/2012/D(Pen/Policy) dated 17.01.2013 is higher than the rates indicated in annexure attached with this letter, the same will be continued to be treated as basic pension/family pension from 1.07.2009 and 24.09.2012 respectively.
5. Accordingly,revised tables indicating minimum guaranteed pension/ Ordinary Family Pension has been annexed as
Annexure-A for Army pensioners
Annexure-B for Air Force pensioners
Annexure-C for Navy pensioners
Pension Disbursing Authorities are hereby authorized to step up the pension/family pension of the affected Pre-2006 pensioners where the existing pension being paid to the pensioners in terms of Ministry’s above letter dated 11/11/2008 as amended, is less than the rate of pension indicated in above said annexure.
6. All other terms and conditions shall remain unchanged.
7. The provisions of this letter shall take effect from 01.01.2006 and arrears, if any, shall be allowed from 01.01.2006 up to the date where revised pension/family pension in terms of GOI, MOD letter No. PC 10(1)/2009-D (Pen/Pol) dated 08.03.2010 and No. 1(13)/2012/D (Pen/Policy) dated 17.01.2013 is lower.
8. This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in for dissemination across the Defence pensioners and PDAs.
Enclosure: Copy of MOD letter No. 1(04)/2015/(1)-D(Pen/Pol) dated 3rd September, 2015
Related to Your Search:
- Amendment to GOI,MOD letter No.16(01)2014/D(Pen/Pol) dated 18th May 2016 issued for revision of casualty pensionary award in respect of Pre-2006 Armed Force Officers and JCO/ORs Pensioners/Family Pensioners
- Revision of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension in respect of Pre-2006 Armed Force Pensioners
- Amendment of GOI, MOD letter No.1(2)/2016-D(Pen/Pol) dated 30.09.2016 and revision of pension of Pre-2006 pensioners (JCOs/ORs and Commissioned Officers) delinking of qualifying service of 33 years for revised pension
- MoD Order 3.9.2015: Revision of Pension for Pre-2006 Pensioners w.e.f. 01.01.2006 instead of 24.09.2012 and Arrear of Pension/ Family Pension will be paid
- Minimum guaranteed pension to pre-2006 Commissioned Officers pensioners/family pensioners
- Revision of pension of Pre-2006 Pensioners/family pensioners who retired as NCC Whole Time Officers (Male) in rank of lieutenant, Captain, Major & Lt. Col – PCDA Orders
- Revision of pension of BSNL pensioners/ family pensioners, who retired prior to 10.06.2013 by allowing the benefit of merger of 50% DA/ DR with Basic Pay/ pension, effectively amounting to 78.2% DA/ DR for the purpose of fitment
- Special benefits in cases of death & disability in service : Revision of Disability Pension / Family Pension of Pre-2006 disability Pensioners/ Family Pensioners
- Issue of Pension Slip to Defence Pensioners/family pensioners: PCDA