Railway compassionate allowance
RBE No. 76/2022
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
New Delhi, dated: 05.07.2022.
The General Managers/ Principal Financial Advisors,
All Zonal Railways/ Production Units etc,
DGs of RDSO and NAIR.
Sub: Revision of pension/ family pension in respect of the pensioners drawing compulsory retirement pension or compassionate allowance after compulsorily retirement / dismissal / removal from service – reg
A copy of Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (DOP&PW)’s O.M. No. 38/46/2017-P&PW/(A)(4879) dated 14.06.2022 is enclosed for information and guidance. These instructions shall apply mutatis mutandis on the Railways also. The Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 corresponds to Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993.
2. The Railway Board’s instructions/Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993 corresponding to DOP&PW’s instructions/CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 referred to in their aforesaid O.M. dated 14.06.2022 are given below:-
3. Please acknowledge receipt.
D.A.: As above
Director, Finance (Estt.),
Related to Your Search:
- After 7th CPC, the limits on two family pension payable to a child in support of both parents is revised
- Payment of lump-sum compensation to railway employees covered under NPS on retention in Railway service
- Coverage under Railway Services Pension Rules 1993 in place of NPS of those Railway employees whose selection for appointment was finalized before 01.01.2004 but who joined Railway service on or after 01.01.2004
- Provisional release of retirement benefits as per Rule 91 of Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993
- Dispensing with the requirement of BSR code of Bank from the pension claim forms – Railways
- Regulation of pension and other retirement benefits of Railway servants who were on Extraordinary leave / unauthorized absence / suspension as on 01.01.2016 and retired / died thereafter without joining duty
- Relaxation of Rule 96 of Railway Services Pension Rules, 1993 for payment of provisional Family Pension on death of a Government Servant during service
- Special benefit in cases of death and disability in service – Revision of Disability Pension/Family pension
- Benefit of gratuity in respect of Railway employees covered under NPS