Revision of Pension and grant of DR to the pensioners of Autonomous Bodies
CONFEDERATION OF CENTRAL GOVT. EMPLOYEES & WORKERS
1st Floor, North Avenue PO Building, New Delhi- 110001
Dated – 19.12.2016
Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare
Government of India
Sardar Patel Bhawan,
New Delhi – 110001
Sub :- Revision of Pension and grant of Dearness Relief to the pensioners of Statutory/Autonomous Bodies.
The Government of India – vide the resolution dated 4th August 2016, accepted the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission on pensionery benefits and have granted the benefits of revised pension with retrospective effect from 01.01.2016 to all the Central Government Pensioners. Accordingly, in terms of OM dated 04.08.2016, Central Government pensioners have been paid arrears of pension due to them on 31.08.2016 along with their revised pension for the month of August 2016. Recently they have been granted the Dearness Relief with effect from 01.07.2016. Similarly, the employees of Autonomous Bodies have been granted Dearness Allowance with effect from 01.07.2016 based on the orders issued by the Finance Ministry.
It has been brought to our notice by the pensioners/family pensioners of Statutory/Autonomous Bodies that they have neither been granted revised pension in terms of 7th CPC orders contained in OM dated 04.08.2016 nor the Dearness Relief, though the Central Government pensioners have already got their revised pension and dearness relief. We wish to bring to your kind information that, hither to, pensioners/family pensioners of Statutory/Autonomous Bodies were getting revised pension as per the CPCs recommendations, as and when accepted by the Government, and Dearness Relief, as and when sanctioned, simultaneously along with the Central Government pensioners. This time, unfortunately, both these revised pension, in term of 7th CPC orders, and Dearness Relief have not been sanctioned to the pensioners of autonomous/statutory bodies. We fail to understand why such discrimination is meted out in respect of pensioners of Autonomous/Statutory Bodies.
We also wish to bring to your kind information that, immediately on issue of orders by the Finance Ministry granting Dearness Allowance to the staff of Central Government/Autonomous Bodies, the Department of pension was issuing orders granting Dearness Relief to pensioners of Central Government and Autonomous Bodes. While the DOPT has already issued the orders granting Dearness Relief to the pensioners of Central Government w.e.f. 01.07.2016, similar orders have not been issued in respect of pensioners of Autonomous/Statutory Bodes.
While the pensioners/family pensioners of Statutory/Autonomous Bodes, most of whom are in the evening of their lives yearning for betterment of their finances for a peaceful retired life, have been disappointed/frustrated, on the one hand, by the inordinate delay in the extension of 7th CPC orders to them, they have been further disappointed by the Government in not granting the Dearness Relief due to them with effect from 01.07.2016.
We, therefore, request you to issue the orders granting the 7th CPC benefits as also Dearness Relief due to the pensioners of Autonomous/Statutory Bodies, without any further delay, thereby facilitating the pensioners to lead their retired life, peacefully.
Source : Conferderation
Related to Your Search:
- Extension of 7th CPC benefits and grant of Dearness Relief to Pensioners of Autonomous/Statutory bodies under Administrative Control of Department of Commerce
- FAQ on Dearness Relief to Central Civil Pensioners
- Non implementation of 7th CPC for Pensioners of autonomous bodies
- Applicability of the revised pay scales based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission in respect of employees of Quasi-Government Organizations, Autonomous Organizations, Statutory Bodies set-up by and funded/controlled by the Central Government-regarding
- Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners / family pensioners — Revised rate effective from 01 January 2013 – BSNL Orders
- Implementation of 7th CPC recommendations for pensioners/ Family pensioners and drawal of dearness relief as per 6th CPC
- Permanent absorption of Central Government employees and employees of the Union Territories in the autonomous bodies of the Union Territories counting of service for pension
- Payment of Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief to the State Government employees/ pensioners/family pensioners
- 50% Dearness Relief Merger or Interim Relief for Central Government Pensioner: Bharat Pensioners Samaj’s letter to Finance Minister