Revision in the procedure of cancellation and refund of value of Rs.10,000/- and above for the PRS counter tickets booked from 09.11.2016 to 11.11.2016
COMMERCIAL CIRCULAR No.561 of 2016
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, 10.1.2016
To Chief Commercial Managers
All zonal Railways
Managing Director/CRIS/Chankyapuri/New Delhi
Sub: Revision in the procedure of cancellation and refund of value of Rs.10,000/- and above for the PRS counter tickets booked from 09.11.2016 to 11.11.2016.
Ministry of Railways desire that tie procedure for cancellation of tickets and refund of value of Rs.10,000/- and above for the PRS counter tickets booked from 09.11.2016 to 11.11.2016 shall be revised as under:-
(i) Cancellation of such tickets and refund of fare of value Rs.10,000/- and above shall NOT be allowed in cash or through green pay order or by any means involving cash across the counter. The payment shall be only through Cheque / ECS payment.
(ii) Such ticket may be refunded through filing of TDR only on surrendering of original ticket. TDR shall filed within the prescribed time limit for cancellation of ticket across the counter as per Refund Rule e.g. TDR shall be filed only upta half an hour before the scheduled departure of the train for RAC/WL tickets and for confirmed tickets upto 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, for which ticket has been issued etc.,
(iii) In such cases TDR and rerund of fare as per refund shall be allowed for waitlisted tickets also only through Cheque / ECS payment.
(iv) This shall be implemented with immediate effect.
This issues with concurrence of Finance (Commercial) and Accounts Directorates of Ministry of Railways.
CRIS may make necessary changes in the software.
Ensue action accordingly and confirm.
Director Passenger Marketing
Related to Your Search:
- Procedure Order for Implementing Service Tax Refunds on Passenger Fare Tickets Booked and Cancelled on or after 01.10.2012
- Automatic Refund of Confirmed/ RAC E-Tickets on Cancellation of Trains
- Automatic Refund of Confirmed/ Rac e-tickets on Cancellation of Trains Becomes Effective
- Now, cancelling train tickets will be just a phone call away
- Procedure for OTP based Refund against cancelled or Waitlist (WL) ticket in IRCTC Train Ticket Booking
- Defence Personnel will have better facility for collection of Train I-Tickets Booked on Defence Travel System
- Train cancellation due to Covid 19 – All passenger trains canceled until 3 May 2020
- LTC Rules for Central Government Employees -Dopt Order 2021
- The Revised Refund Rules will Effect From 01.07.2013 – Indian Railways Undertakes Comprehensive Revision of its Refund Rules