Revising Retirement age does not come under the purview of 7th Pay Commission.
Recently the news about retirement age is blown out of proportion in Social Media. In Social Media it has been signaled casually that the retirement age will be brought down to 58 years. Initially it was said that 7th pay commission going to recommend the criteria for retirement age as either 33 years of Service or 60 Years of age whichever comes first.
And gradually it is reduced to 58years of age or 33 years of service and finally ends up with 30 years of service or at the age of 55 years.
7th pay commission Vs Retirement Age
Does it worth to believe the news circulated in social media about 7th pay commission recommendation and retirement age..? We asked the Federation sources about this and they want to maintain anonymity told that it depends upon the individuals to decide whether it is true or not. We should not blame the media for everything. We should be able to know the difference between the news and rumors.
One of our Sources told that revising the retirement age will not fall under the purview of Pay commission. It should be decided by central government only. No Pay commission has recommended anything about Retirement age so far.
Federation Leaders were asked about this retirement age issue, when it became sensational in Print and e-Media, why don’t they come forward to clear the doubts on this sensational issue?. They told that they didn’t want do give importance to the rumors and hear says.
They said, “We need to clarify the doubts of our cadres across the country whenever it was rumored in social media about their service related sensational issues. But when sensational becomes routine, it’s not our business to respond to such hearsays on daily basis”
“As far as retirement age is concerned we know that 7th pay commission cannot recommend revising the retirement age of central government employees, since it does not fall under the purview of 7th Pay Commission. Even we won’t accept it if the central government tries to reduce the retirement age,” the sources added.
Related to Your Search:
- 50% DA Merger and Retirement age 58 : Rumor Spreading in Social Networks
- Merger of 50% DA, Retirement age Order news goes viral in Social Media
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi told bureaucrats: Do not use social media for self-promotion or spend too much time online
- Retirement Age 62 – Proposal for raising Retirement Age to 62 waits for Cabinet Nod
- 7th CPC Minimum Pay from Rs.18000 to Rs.21000 is just a rumour
- Vague News about implementation of 7th CPC recommendation is Posted in Internet
- Many unconfirmed sensational news about 7th Pay Commission – Exclusive Report
- Retirement Age Becomes the Centre of Attention Once Again!
- Proposals of Retirement age 62 and 50% DA Merger..?