Review of Ordnance Factories
Performance of Ordnance Factories is being regularly reviewed by Ordnance Factory Board and the Ministry. Some of the major steps taken in this regard are as follows:
Modernization of Ordnance Factories to keep pace with the latest technology and to maintain the production capacity in tandem with the requirement of Armed Forces. As compared to an expenditure of Rs. 2927 crore in the 11th Plan, already an expenditure of Rs. 4239 crore has been incurred during the first four year (2012-16) of the 12th Plan. In 2016-17, an expenditure of Rs. 116.67 crore is envisaged.
- To improve upon the production planning in Ordnance Factory Board (OFB), Army has started placing 5 years roll-on indents for ammunition items.
- Quality Audit Group (QAG) have been formed at 10 centres as an independent authority for giving impetus to and ensuring quality in Ordnance Factories.
- 13 Ordnance Development Centres (ODCs) with identified core technologies have been created to take up product development and improvement in core product areas.
In order to provide greater autonomy and expedite decision making process, Ministry has delegated financial powers towards procurement of Stores and Plant & Machinery to Ordnance Factory Board.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Dr. Subhash Bhamre in a written reply to Shri Kapil Moreshwar Patil in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of meeting to discuss about the Ordnance Factories
- Ordnance Factories: Ministry of Defence
- Modernisation of Ordnance Factories
- No Corporatization of Ordnance Factories: Defence Minister Assured BPMS
- Government Retires 13 Group ‘A’ Officers of Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Iofs)
- Inclusion of all allowances such as HRA, TA and SFA in calculation of Overtime Allowance (OTA) to employees of Ordnance factories as per the provisions of Section 59 of the Factory Act 1948
- Ordnance Factory Board (OFB)
- Drastic reduction in Budgetary support to Ordnance Factories
- DEFENCE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACT WORKERS COMMENCED ONE MONTH STRIKE AGAINST THE ORDNANCE FACTORIES FROM 20.08.2019