Review of Model constitution and Rule and Regulations for the Residents Welfare Associations recognised by the government of India, Department of Personnel and Training
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market,
New Delhi, Dated 4th June, 2018
1) All Area Welfare Officers.
2) Presidents of all RWAs.
3) Secretary of all RWAs.
4) All Ministries/Departments.
5) Placed on website of Department of Personnel and Training.
Sub:- Review of Model constitution and Rule and Regulations for the Residents Welfare Associations recognised by the government of India, Department of Personnel and Training- regarding.
Keeping the following objectives in view, the Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training has been encouraging the formation of Residents’ Welfare Associations in Government residential colonies as well as private colonies in which 2
or more Central Government employees are residing in one compact area:-
(a) To foster a spirit of mutual help and goodwill among the inhabitants of the colonyin general, and the members of the Association in particular, thereby, promoting communal harmony and national integration.
(b) To make all possible effort to achieve general amenities. Consumer protection such as interaction with traders on quality and quantity of goods, over charging etc. monitoring of the public distribution system including supply of essential and
consumable items and environmental protection such as steps to curb pollution, ensure cleanliness, plantation of tress, interaction with authorities on any environmental aspects and for this purpose, represent the interest of the residents
before appropriate authorities.
(c) To undertake all such other lawful acts, deeds or thing including Sports Cultural activities as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of any or all of the above objects including the general welfare of the Employees and their families.
(d) To promote such welfare and socio-economic activities as may be approved by the Department of personnel and Training.
2. Welfare Division of the Department of Personnel and Training, with a view to bring about uniformity and to provide guidance to these Association in their organizational matters have formulated a “Model constitution” and “Rules and Regulations” for the
Residents Welfare Association. A copy of these documents is enclosed as ready reference.
3. Lately, it has been noticed that the very objective of fostering a spirit of mutual help and goodwill among the inhabitants of the colony has gone on back foot due to growing disputes among the office bearers and members of RWAs and lack of
transparency in the functioning of RWAs.
4. In view of the above, a need has been felt to re-visit the Model Constitution and Rules and Regulations for the RWAs. Accordingly, all RWAs and AWOs are requested to suggest modification/amendment in the existing Model Constitution and Rules and Regulations for the RWAs in the following format for comparative analysis and consideration of the suggestion.
|Sl.No.||Provision in existing Model constitution and Rules and Regulation for the RWAs||Modification/amend ment suggested||Justification for suggesting the modification/amen dment|
5. Your suggestions should focus on:-
i) Transparency and accountability in the functioning of the RWAs;
ii) Enhancing effectiveness and efficiency of the RWAs;
iii) Any other point you may wish to add.
6. You may submit your suggestions to the welfare Division of the Department of Personnel and Training by 30.06.2018 by post or email (i.e.- cgerwa123gmail.com) positively.
Under Secretary (RWA)
Related to Your Search:
- Grants-in-aid for the year 2013-2014 to the Central Government Employees Residents Welfare Associations- submission of Accounts for the year 2012-2013- regarding.
- Review of Model Constitution in respect of Resident Welfare Associations recognized by DOPT
- Grants-in-aid for the year 2013-14 to the Central Government Employees Residents Welfare Associations – submission of Accounts for the year 2012-2013 – regarding.
- Swachh Bharat Mission-RWAs
- DoPT: Grants-in-aid for the year 2018-2019 to the Central Government Employees Residents Welfare Associations- Submission of Accounts for the year 2017-2018
- Central Government employees Residents Welfare Association eligible to receive grants-in-aid for the year 2020-2021
- Grants-in-aid for the year 2019-2020 to the Central Government Employees Residents Welfare Association – Submission of Accounts for the year 2018-2019
- Grants-in-aid for the year 2016-2017 to the Central Government Employees Resident Welfare Associations – Submission of Accounts for the year 2015- 2016
- Updating data on Central Government Employees Resident welfare Associations Functioning in Government Colonies / Private Colonies in Delhi/Outside Delhi and monitoring of elections for block year 2013-15