Retention of Government Accommodation after retirement till the lifetime in cases related to medical and education of children?
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HOUSING AND URBAN AFFAIRS
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO: 902
ANSWERED ON: 27.06.2019
Retention of Government Accommodation
Upendra Singh Rawat
Will the Minister of HOUSING AND URBAN AFFAIRS be pleased to state:-
(a) Whether the Government has any proposal for retention of the Government accommodation by the Central Government servants after retirement, on payment of suitable rent, at least till the lifetime of the Central Government servant, especially in cases related to medical and education of children;
(b) If so, the details thereof; and
(c) If not, the reasons therefor?
THE MINISTER OF STATE (INDEPENDENT CHANRGE) OF THE MINISTRY OF HOUSING AND URBAN AFFAIRS (SHRI HARDEEP SINGH PURI)
(a) No, Sir.
(b) Does not arise in view of reply to (a) above.
(c) As per Rule 40(1)(ii) of Central Government General Pool Residential Accommodation (CGGPRA) Rules, 2017, on retirement, a central Government employee who is an allottee of General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA), can retain Government Accommodation for six months on payment of normal license fee.
Source: Lok Sabha
Related to Your Search:
- Amendment in the provisions for retention/allotment of General Pool Residential Accommodation on re-appointment in an eligible Central Government Office or fresh appointment/re-appointment in Statutory/autonomous/quasi-judicial bodies etc.
- Mobile App (m-Awas) for allotment of General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) through Automated System of Allotment (ASA) launched
- Abolition of Rent Free Accommodation Allowance – Recommendation of 7th CPC
- Allotment of General Pool office as well as residential accommodation to the Debt Recovery Tribunals (DRT’s) & Recovery Appellate Tribunals (DRATs)
- Directorate of Estates Orders – Grant of eligibility for allotment of General Pool office as well as residential accommodation to the Debt Recovery Tribunals (DRT’s) and Debt Recovery Appellate Tribunals (DRATs)-Reg.
- General Pool Accommodation to State/UT Employees in Delhi – Clarification
- Retention of GPRA by CGE & AIS Officers posted to State of J&K – Extension upto 30.06.2015
- Retention of/continuation in GPRA on Technical Resignation from Service
- Directorate of Estates Orders – Allotment of General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) and General Pool Office Accommodation to Kendirya Bhandar (Central Government Employees Consumer Cooperative Society Limited).