Restructuring of the IT(Income Tax) Department
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
23-May, 2013 20:25 IST
Restructuring of the Income Tax Department
The Union Cabinet today approved the proposal for creation of 20,751 additional posts in the Income Tax Department in various cadres that is 1349 additional posts in the IRS cadre and 19,402 additional posts in the non-IRS cadres. This will help the Income Tax Department collect increased revenue and provide better tax payers services.
An additional expenditure of Rs. 449.71 crore per annum is likely to be incurred on creation of additional posts and upgradation of some existing posts. This additional expenditure would be more than compensated by the increased revenue of more than Rs. 25,000 crore per annum proposed to be generated as a result of this exercise.
Source: PIB News
Related to Your Search:
- IT Cadre Restructuring – Distribution of Posts for Group “B” & “C” [other than IRS] Posts
- IT Cadre Restructuring- Upgradation of the posts of Chief Commissioners and Directors General of Income Tax from HAG to HAG+
- Cabinet approved CBEC Cadre Restructuring
- Every District to have Income Tax Office by the end of 2013 – IT Cadre Restructuring
- IT Cadre Restructuring – Distribution of Posts in IRS Cadre
- Income Tax Officers are not too happy with new promotion rule
- IT (Income Tax) Department decided to provide Additional posts in various grades – CBDT Notification
- Highlights of IT Cadre Restructuring: Proceeding of the meeting held on 5.07.2013
- Cadre Restructuring of IT Department: DPCs for filling up vacancies are likely to be held shortly.