Government of India
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises
Department of Public Enterprises
Block No. 14, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road. New Delhi-110 003
Dated : 7th, Jaunary, 2012
Subject: Restrictions on top level executives of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) joining private commercial undertakings after retirement.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 15th May, 2008 (copy enclosed) on the subject mentioned above.
2. The Government has reviewed the position regarding time limit of 30 days for concerned administrative Ministry / Department to communicate the decision on the application(s) seeking permission to accept any appointment/post after retirement in view of the fact that in many cases, a functional Director/CMD would have worked in more than one CPSE during the last five years preceding the retirement and therefore the concerned administrative Ministry / Department would require more than 30 days to consider all aspects/factors as brought out in OM. dated 15th May, 2008 before arriving at a final decision on such applications. It has accordingly been decided to revise Para 7 of the DPE O.M. dated 15th May, 2008 laying down time limits to read as follows.
“The administrative Ministry / Department shall normally take a final decisionon the application for granting permission to accept any appointment/post after retirement and communicate the same to the applicant within a period of 30 days from the date of receipt of the application complete in all respects. In case no decision is communicated within 60 days, the applicant may take up the assignment presuming that the permission has been granted”.
3. All the administrative Ministries/Departments are requested to take note of the above guidelines while processing application of jop level executives of CPSEs for post retirement employment and also bring the contents of these guidelines to the notice of the CPSE(s) under their respective administrative control.
Source : www.dpe.nic.in
Related to Your Search:
- Post- Retirement Employment of Functional Director of CPSES
- Requirement of getting prior permission for going abroad on private visit – Dopt Orders on 27.7.2015
- CPSEs: Cut-Off age to Borad level appointment in Central Public Sector Enterprises
- Retirement age of employees of Sick Central Public Sector Enterprises…
- Constitution of Search-cum-selection Committee for selection for appointment to a Board level post in Central Public Sector Enterprises(CPSEs)
- Appointment of Security Personnel in Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) from Ex-servicemen Security Agencies sponsored by the Directorate General of Resettlement (DGR)
- Superannuation Benefits Schemes for employees of CPSEs – Clarification regarding Technical Formality
- Vacant Posts in PSUs
- Dopt Orders on Consolidated Instructions on Forwarding of Applications of Government Servants for Outside Employment – reg.