Reservation in promotions
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
New Delhi, dated 02.05.2022
The General Managers (P),
All Indian Railways
& Production Units.
Sub: Reservation in promotions procedure to be followed prior to effecting reservations in the matter of promotions by all departments of the Central Government.
Ref: Railway Board’s letter no.2018-K(SCT)I/25/9 dated 13.04.2022
Kindly refer to Railway Board’s letter of even no. dated 13.04.2022 enclosing therewith a copy of DoP&T OM No. 36012/16/ 2019-Esttt.(Res.) dated 12.04.2022.
Attention is invited to Para 4(a) of DoP&T’s above said OM wherein Liaison Officers were advised to ensure that the reservation rosters are strictly maintained as per the instructions/guidelines, laid down in DoP&T OM No.36012/2/96 -Estt.(Res.), dated 2.7.1997. Since these instructions were issued on similar lines to Railways vide Railway Board’s letter No.95-E(SCT)I/49/5(2) dated 21.08.1997 (RBE No. 114/97), it is advised to follow the same in case of promotion in Railways/ Production Units etc.
Deputy Director, E(SCT)I
Related to Your Search:
- Reservation in promotions Procedure to be followed prior to effecting reservations in the matter of promotions
- Maintenance of uniform proforma for Post based rosters on all the Zonal Railways
- Posting of SC/ST candidates/employees near their home town on initial appointment / promotions / transfers
- Out-of-Turn Promotions to Sports persons/coaches for excellence in field for sports – Clarification by Railway Board
- Railways: Relieving of staff on transfer on mutual exchange basis
- Reservation in promotions all Central Government departments must follow the reservation procedure
- Railway: Recruitment of Persons with disabilities from open market; Instructions issued by Railway Board
- Railways: Supply of copy of Service Cards to Gazetted Officers – reg. (RBA No. 19/2019)
- Railways: Revision of pension w.e.f. 01.01.2006 of Pre-2006 pensioners who retired from the 5th CPC scale of Rs. 6500 to Rs. 10500