Reservation for SCs and STs in Allotment of Shops/Stalls at Railway Stations
The Catering Policy 2010, presently in force on the Railways, provides for 25% reservation in allotment of minor static catering units at A, B & C categories of stations and 49.5% reservation in allotment of minor static catering units at D, E & F categories of stations, with a view to protect interests of socially backward and economically weaker sections of the people. Out of the total 25% reservation at A, B and C category stations, a quota of 6% for Scheduled Castes (SCs) and 4% for Scheduled Tribes (STs) has been reserved for allotment of minor catering units. Similarly, out of the total reservation of 49.5% at D, E & F category of stations, a quota of 12% and 8% for SCs and STs respectively, has been reserved. Allotment of stalls for SCs/STs is done by zonal railways by calling application through press notification. .
1572 shops/stalls have been earmarked for allotment to SCs and STs out of which 532 shops/stalls have already been awarded to SCs and STs as per extant provisions of the Catering Policy. Allotment of stalls for SCs/STs and clearance of backlog thereof is an ongoing process
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha on 16.03.2016 (Wednesday).
Related to Your Search:
- New Catering Policy 2017 in Railways: IRCTC
- 3% Reservation in Allotment of Land to Physically Handicapped
- Western Railway INTRODUCES CATERING COMPLAINT NO.9004441955
- Zonal Railways to discontinue pasting reservation charts on train coaches for 6 months starting from 1st March, 2018
- Categories of Reservation Quotas in Indian Railways
- 5% Uniform rate of GST to apply in all railway catering services in trains or on stations
- Applicability of Goods and Service tax (GST) on Static Catering Services on IR
- Pasting of Reservation Charts on Train Coaches Discontinued?
- Vacant posts in Railways: Posts of Loco Pilot, Assistant Loco Pilot, Motorman and Driver