Requirement of Escalators for Multi-Platform Railway Stations
In order to facilitate easy movement of elderly and differently abled passengers, as per the existing guidelines, escalators are being provided at ‘A1’, ‘A’, ‘C’ category stations and stations of tourist importance based on techno commercial feasibility and availability of funds. So far, 244 no. of escalators at 96 stations have been provided. In addition, 400 no. of escalators at 171 stations have been sanctioned.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Wi-Fi Facility at Seven Railway Stations
- WI – FI Service Facility to Railway Passengers – Ministry of Railways
- Reservation for SCs and STs in Allotment of Shops/Stalls at Railway Stations
- 200 more railway stations to have Wi-Fi in 2017
- New Post Offices will be opened in this fiscal-Manoj Sinha
- Paternity Leave to Bank Employees
- Transfer Policy of Railway Officials
- Facility for Disabled and Senior Citizens on Trains and at Railway Stations
- Shortages of Employees in Government Departments