Request for payment of salary to the employees & payment of pension on 01.04.2017
Dated : 29.03.2017
Shri B. V. Sudhakar
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001
Sub:- Request for payment of salary to the employees & payment of pension on 01.04.2017 – Reg.
Ref:- (1) Dte. Lr. No. 2-1/2007-08/PA-(TECH-I) D 813-897 dated 11.12.2014. (2) Controller General of Accounts Manual Part III Section II Rule 64.
Being it is End of Year and there is transaction holiday in Finacle on 1st April and subsequently 2nd April 2017 happens to be Sunday, payment of salary to the employees and payment of pension to the pensioners could not be effected through salary account credit/payments.
As per the Statutory rules of the Dept. and as per the reference (2) cited above pay and allowances are earned and shall be due for payment on the last working day of the month to which they relate and the pay and allowances for the month of March shall be paid on the first working day of April.
As per CCS Pension Rules 1972, it is mandatory to pay the pension on the last working day of the month and during the month of March, it is on 1st April of the year.
It is therefore requested to kindly cause suitable action in this regard and issue orders to the pay drawing and disbursing authorities, for making payment of the pay and allowances of the working staff by cash through Roll payment on 01.04.2017 itself and pension manually, instead of crediting the same into their PO SB/Bank Accounts on any subsequent date after 2nd April. This was ordered during the year 2015 and 2016.
(R. N. Parashar) General Secretary
Copy to: -All CWC Members Press
Related to Your Search:
- Request for payment of salary to the employees on 27.4.2018 due to continuous Bank Holidays from 28th to 30th April,2018
- Pension payment for the month of March 2015 through POSB functioning under CBS: NFPE writes to DoP
- Bank Holidays Hit Central Employees To Get Salary
- Disbursement of Salary for the month of September, 2017: CGA’s Order
- Disbursement of salary to all Employees working in Dept. of Posts including GDS and payment of Pension to pensioners by 25th of this month on account of Deepawali Festival on 30th of this month
- Request for issuing instructions for disbursement of salary of Central Government Employees for the month of November 2016 in cash
- Payment to Government servants other than salary etc. through e-Payment
- Disbursement of Salary / Pension to Central Government employees / Pensioner working in the State of Kerala on 20 August 2020 on account of “ONAM” Festival
- Payment of Salary to Central Government Employees on 28th July, 2016 instead of 29th July, 2016 due to bank strike called by UFBU